The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Smile
I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Just recieved this in the post this morning, and I'm very happy with the idea and the lock. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this. I shall be trying it out later, but already I can see that this is going to blow people away.
Thanks for releasing this Paul. Another cracking effect from Mr Brooks.. Kudo's to you sir Smile

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
I now carry my little padlock next to my Haunted Key on my keyring and I'm getting excellent use from it. The best bit about my padlock, for people who know the effect, is that there's a slight but VERY useful glitch on the middle tumbler as it rotates, so I can safely set a random combination for the spec to try to find using their hunch about how they think it works. Basically, they prove to themselves that it can't work the way they think it does, he he...
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Just a little subtletie I used at a gig the other week, I was fortunate to get 5 minutes on stage before I did some table walkaround.

After introducing myself and getting the attention of the whole room I did some 3 psychological forces and asked if anyone got all three. I had 2 or three from each table (except 1 table who only got 1) raise their hand.

I then asked these people to get a 3 digit number in their mind for when I arrived at the table. It proved a really good way to approach and have them talking about me before I reached the table.

Just wanted to share.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
That's a good way to do it Andy, I have done something similar but with people who other effects have not worked on. I explain that the other effect did not work because the person has a different viewpoint in life. But knowing that the effect was ineffective has demonstrated to me just how that person's mind works.

Then I launch into the effect.

I would be really interested in hearing the different presentation angles that people are using with this effect.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Great idea andy. I've been trying to figure out a way to put the lock into a larger context... and something like that would work well...

something that I've just start to play with is using the lock as the weight of a pendulum. the last number is always easiest to get and glimpse. I get them to put the lock on the end of a chain and (knowing the number already as a back up) see how they do when I count through the numbers.

I've had mixed success with this so far. but I think there's something there.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
"Now Tasha, we spoke earlier didn't we...and you have a padlock on your keychain don't you..can we use that now please for something?"

A form of p**-s*** with an object...makes it look like you've had nothing to do with it all.
I've asked to be banned
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Haha.

that's great!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2008-11-27 20:04, IAIN wrote:
"Now Tasha, we spoke earlier didn't we...and you have a padlock on your keychain don't you..can we use that now please for something?"

A form of p**-s*** with an object...makes it look like you've had nothing to do with it all.

Nice.!!
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
Quote:
On 2008-11-27 20:04, IAIN wrote:

That is genius!

What do you after the effect is over? Does the person try and hand you the lock back?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Well, don't forget, I'm close up mainly - so I just nab it back off them before I go...if anyone is listening - or you are unable to get them alone, just say something like "i hope you enjoyed that experiment using the lock - may I have it so I can try something else with it later if there's time, please..."
I've asked to be banned
taoist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of taoist
That's clever.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Thos of you who have Jerome Finley's Thought Channel...think about combining this effect with the concepts in TC and TC 2.0.

This kills...

Trust me

J
xxx
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Do wee need to have good sleight for performing LIT? and how difficult is the sleight? thanks
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 06:41, joe161205 wrote:
Do wee need to have good sleight for performing LIT? and how difficult is the sleight? thanks

No, very easy to perform and deviously clever.
Wraparound
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Wraparound
A guy at my magic club showed me this effect and I had no idea what it was. Thanks to Dick Christian on another thread I was given a link to Paul's website.

Never heard about Paul before and was quite worried about buying directly from what was to me a new name.

This dropped through my letterbox yesterday and I am so pleased with the method. Really enjoyed Paul's writing style as he made everything clear and easy to understand.

I have not yet performed this effect but I am very much looking forward to doing so. Having had the effect performed for me before I discovered the secret I can testify just how clean this effect is.

Very happy customer here, thanks again Dick Christian.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
There will be a *LIVE* demo of LIT this morning on BIG DOG 92.7 FM

http://www.bigdog927.com/player/player

For those of you unsure of the power of this effect -- tune in.

This truly is dynamite.

J
xxx
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Is there a link to a copy of this?
MikkelRKarlsen
View Profile
New user
Copenhagen, Denmark
68 Posts

Profile of MikkelRKarlsen
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 16:21, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Once they set their number I have even asked them to just check that is the only number that opens it.

Had fun doing using this with groups the other night. Letting the other members of the group have a go at picking up on the numbers. They were surprisingly accurate especially when the dials I asked them to go for had my favourite psycho force numbers.

Anthony

I like the sound of this product and is just about to order it. Could you (or anyone else) give a hint of some material about forcing numbers on spectators? It seems like a good really combination of mentalism.
Hypnotist. Mentalist.
www.mikkelkarlsen.dk
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of harbour
Clever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL