The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Can't answer about this because I have yet to order it so I will let others answer for now.

In terms of similiar effects, there are several out there that will play on stage. I currently use the Patrick Redford one. When I get this (prob be at least a month), I'll try to remember to let you know.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 12:50, caycemindreader wrote:
QQ, how big is the lock? Could you perform this effect on stage?

It is a luggage lock about 3cm by 2cm. As luggage locks go it is quite a chunky robust looking one.

It could be made to play on stage in a number of ways. Although the lock is quite small you can still attach it to people or add a chain and attach them to something. You could use it to lock a box etc.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Can it be repeated for the same group/people??
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 06:17, joe161205 wrote:

Absolutely Yes
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 06:17, joe161205 wrote:

That's just one of the great things about the effect. THEY decide what they want the code to be - could be their date of birth or anything they fancy. They set the lock. You place it on the table. They concentrate on the last digit. Bang - you've got it. And so on. Different every time!

Drew
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Just wanted to join the chorus of praise for this product. Superb.

I have been playing around with this just for the last day and a half and absolutely love it. I was training a pro magician today and had him totally foxed with it as well as anyone else who has crossed my path. Yes it is a lock but trust me if you have reservations that it is gimmicky or too much like magic, it is not. This is a super strong mind reading effect.

The spectator not only resets the lock and locks it. They can also spin the wheels and can be the person who then opens the lock as you reveal their number.

Having now taken the time to read Paul's accompanying document with routines, hints and tips I am so grateful that he has put this out. The group routine is superb and I don't think I will be leaving home without it.

Thanks Paul. This is your best product yet.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Wow, I think this is really strong because we not only can open the lock but also will know the number of the pin. Is that right?
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
Yes Joe you're right. There is no button or device that opens the lock you actually know the numbers that the spectator sets as the code.

Dr. J
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
My two cents on this product.

First of all, I got this in the mail on my way out of town for a show. I checked my mail and there it was so I dropped it in my luggage to keep me busy at the hotel.

Sad thing happened “no internet at the hotel” so there I was no instructions yet and this lock I planned to mess with while I was waiting.
Since I love to figure things out I tried and tried to guess how the lock works.
After the show I went down to the bar and tried some more, a guy came up to me and asked what the lock was for, I told him it’s my luggage lock and I was just messing around with it. I told him I forgot my combo and he tried to figure it out and could not.

COULD IT BE THIS IS NOT A GIMMICKED LOCK….

Fast forward, I arrive home yesterday evening download the instructions and WHAMO!! are you kidding me could it be this simplistic so smooth and yet so devastating. The real secret cannot be seen or figured out by just handling the lock, are you kidding me I thought, this is wild. I learned the secret and proceeded to try it out on my wife, yep home run with her.
So here is what I did. I explained that I picked this lock up while on the road, that another traveler left it behind in the hotel. I had her reset the lock; I fiddled with the lock and pretended that I could not open it. Had her then put it in her hands and hold them in front of her.

I told her that everything that happens can be replayed in one’s eyes, so I stared into her eyes and told her to think about changing the
numbers, and project the movements to me. (Already knowing the numbers) I recanted the numbers back to her in reverse, as she stood there in shock I said wait everything is reversed and then I grabbed the lock and unlocked it.
It killed.

Folks this is a keeper, clean quick and effective. Nice bit of pocket mentalism that can be played many different ways.

Thank you Paul for providing us with some very remarkable products. And thank you for your awesome customer service.

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Met up with Colin McLeod last night, and I noticed on his key ring was a strangely familiar looking padlock! At this rate the general population will be able to recognise a mentalist simply by looking at their keyring!

Drew
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
Took me longer to work out how my lock worked about 2 days. Since then I have been whoring this little lock for all of its worth. This is by far the best piece of pocket mentalism that I have ever seen or used. Ive never seen a concept like this being applied to mentalism at all.

Like Drew said soon you will be able to tell mentalists easily by their keys alone!
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
It's very tempting to buy this effect. However, I'm a little afraid that people will think oh, it must be a trick lock.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Just bought this.

Will post my thoughts when it comes through.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Patrick66,
Let them think that all they want, you can prove that its not, just hand it to them and let them play till their hearts content.

Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Once they set their number I have even asked them to just check that is the only number that opens it.

Had fun doing using this with groups the other night. Letting the other members of the group have a go at picking up on the numbers. They were surprisingly accurate especially when the dials I asked them to go for had my favourite psycho force numbers.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
I recieved Locked in Thought on Saturday. Initially I thought it would be difficult to master but by Saturday night, I was getting great reactions. It really is a believable prop and a powerful convincer.

It is permanantly attached to my keyring now.
A brilliant idea, with close attention to detail.
Thanks Paul!
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Has anyone else noticed a slight numbing sensation in their left index finger?
PM me if you've played with a different handling.

I apologize if this sounds vaguely dirty.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
Dmoses you dirty person Smile I had the same feeling until I switched to having the lock attached to my keyring.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
That's what I've done. thx mindseeker!
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Oh man, I'm so curious what that means. I took the plunge and bought the effect. If a read the reviews, I cannot go wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Locked In Thought. New from Paul Brook (83 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL