The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Marty Grams & Magic You Can Make (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Guys,

I don't start threads very often but I could not wait to start this one!

I recently watched a DVD by Marty "Martini" Grams called "Magic You Can Make" and let me tell you folks, if you have not seen this DVD, go out and buy it!

I will be honest with you. I first met marty on the Café when I had some questions regarding an effect I was working on and was doing some research on. Marty was kind enough to PM me and gave all the help I required. As a thank you I sent him two of my DVD's. Now the effect I was working on may never see the light of day (that's another story :o) but Marty was very helpful.

After Marty received my DVD's he reciprocated the favor by sending me three of his DVD's and here we are. Marty has not asked me to review the DVD's nor does he know I am making this post.

Anyways, that being said. I watched one of the DVD's titled "Magic You Can Make" and I was very impressed, this was one of the best DVD's I have seen in a long time!

Marty is great to watch and his effects are simple in nature but very effective. I will list a couple of the effects and my thoughts so you may get a better idea.

"The No Gimmick Card Frame" - Brilliant! I cannot believe that something so simple fooled me so badly. When I watched the explanation I was kicking myself :o) I mean talk about effective, easy to do, cost effective Magic! This one item is worth the price of the DVD. Trust me folks, if you have not seen this, buy the DVD and learn it!

"2001 Cards Across" - Fooled me again! Marty you have to stop doing that. The method is as fun to make as it is to perform and again cost effective.

"7th Inning Stretch" - This was just a treat to see as I have been working on a card stretching plot myself and was just recently chatting with Stephen Tucker about it. I like this version very much. Marty does it with jumbo cards for a parlour setting but it could be done just as easily with regular cards.

You know I wish I had more time to sit and write all the great things about this DVD that I would like to, however if I did I fear it would take me a couple of weeks and my Magic business would close down so I am going to stop :o)

Trust me guys, this is a great DVD and Marty has other DVD's out too that I cannot wait to watch.

You can get Marty's DVD's at his website http://www.magicmakersinc.com and no he did not pay me for this post, I just think you should all get this DVD!

MJ
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Matt;
Many Thanks for the kind comments, they are most appreciated.

My website is; martinismagic.com

Magic Makers is the producer of my DVD's but not my website.

For others out there, if you have not already checked out Matt's DVD's, "Color Blind" & "The Secret Art Of Monkey Business" get them, they are great. I gave a review for both a short while back and have to say that Matt is a Thinker, his material is solid and extremely well thought out.

All the Best
Marty
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Marty,

Sorry about the mistake on the website. I am just a man folks ;o)

Visit Marty at http://www.martinismagic.com.

Cheers,

MJ
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I love the no gimmick card frame!!! fooled me badly too... haha

5/5 DVD.

Sh
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Marty is a very talented fellow. Big talent, bug heart!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Bug Heart??? Hmmmm, not sure if that is a compliment!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hmmm. Bug heart could be a new saying. A Hallmark card and the heart is shaped like a Lady Bug.

"To Marty, who has the world's buggest heart"

Yes? No? Maybe?

I meant BIG heart. spell check liked bug. lol.

martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Chris;
Bug...Big...it does'nt matter, It's nice to know I'm loved.lol

Thank you all for the kind comments, they are most appreciated.

A couple people have e-mailed me asking if this is a new DVD. To give a little background on it....Magic You Can Make was shot back in 2004, actually prior to The Art of Card Splitting DVD, but did'nt come out until 2006 for some reason.

I'm happy that so many are enjoying it, hopefully you will also enjoy the rest in that series when they are released. (If I remember correctly, we shot 4 back then, so the others should be out sometime in the near future.?)

If any of you have any questions or need any help with anything on this DVD or on any of my DVD's just shout, I am only and E-mail or PM away.

All the Best
Marty
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm re-watching this DVD right now. There is killer material on here.

Marty's 20001 Cards Across is an in their hands miracle. You count out ten red back cards in soemone's hand and 10 blue back in another persona hands. And...3 red back cards travel over the the blue pack. People are shocked by it.

Do it once and see the reactions and you'd be glad to have paid a lot more than the price of the DVD for it.

And his no sleight SIGNED card in envelope is so easy and deceptive. I thought I knew how marty did it until he said the envelope was examinable at the end. That didn't seem possible from what I saw and knew. Come the explanation, I laughed at how deceptive it was. And the envelope is examinable.

In fact, when your done, take the signed card and drop it in the envelop with your business card for them to keep.

There are other gems on this DVD.

gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Not only does Marty have a big hear he is also one excellent chef also. And if you get a chance to attend I highly recommend going to his Funarama Convention that he holds every year.

Not only does he and his entire family make that event special with great lectures but also they make you feel as part of their family! You won't reget you went.

Now I have to go and dig out the dvd again. Hey Marty did your show in a box dvd ever come out?

George
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this DVD and I really like it. It has the feel of an "old" DVD, but that's not a bad thing. It doesn't spend half the DVD showing fake audience reactions. It just gets down to business. I have many, many magic DVDs and effects, and I learned a good 3-4 really good things I didn't know. In particular, I really liked the "no sleight card in envelope", "No tug coin holder", and the bonus "Martini's Magic Day Planner". One effect, "Sands of Egypt" has me thinking of different effects using some of the props and methods.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Marty Grams & Magic You Can Make (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL