The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Solid breath.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
...so, is it condensation? I can only generate a small wisp at the moment but I'm trying different techniques.

kinda cool since there isn't anything needed other than yourself.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I don't understand exactly what you are asking. Can you re-phrase that please?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
I was asking the actual scientific explanation for how it works.

I get the cold air plus hot air, but why can some people generate such a 'plume' of smoke while others are more wispy?
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
I never could perform this effect because I just cant get it to work.I would suggest Daniel Garcia's Warning for a real life scenario.I think that the reason that solid breath works is due to condensation.If I am wrong though please correct me.

Matt
:clownonball:
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Yes, I've had much better success with the effect although for me to make it works seems much more of a science stunt than magic.

I just take a very sharp inhale while pursing my lips. When it feels cold in your mouth but not under your tongue, wait a second, then while keeping your mouth closed and not breathing out through your nose, fill your mouth with air.

The key for me is to fill my mouth as if I'm going to fake burp.. that seems to bring up the warmest air... note despite sounding funny, I mean that... don't make a noise, it's just that if you try to scratch in the inside of your throat, that just seems to generate warmer air.

Hold for about three seconds and just open your mouth..again not exhaling just opening.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Solid breath.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL