The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck or X-Deck? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've loved the Invisible Deck since I learned it years ago. I've recently begun to really appreciae Jay Sankey's X-Deck. Would be interested to hear what your preference is. Invisible Deck or X-Deck and what have your spectators reactions been.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What's the effect or difference between the two?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2600 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Same deck. "X-Deck" is invisible deck with 'X' marks on the faces of one side of the deck (i.e. the odd side). If a spec chooses an odd card, it's not only the only one face down but it also is the 'only' card with an 'X' through it. Personally I'm not a fan of the 'X' deck because the other half of the time you're showing that every face has an 'X' through it EXCEPT the chosen card. Not nearly as good of an effect.

I prefer the standard invisible deck because it gives you a little more flexibility as far as routining or special uses like using it as an out, etc.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Profile of The Naked Magician
I like the X deck, has a nice appeal to it, and is very simple, therefore very effective. But the invisible deck works wonders. What fan do you guys use? I like to use a one handed fan.
Pastor Mickey
View Profile
New user
Colorado
97 Posts

Profile of Pastor Mickey
Somewhat different effects. I have actually had people suggest sleight of hand with the invisible deck. I somehow found and turned their card over. The X deck cancels out the sleight of hand idea. Of course
the invisible deck should also if anyone was actually thinking.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I like the x idea. Now I use half of them red and half of them blue... more distinctive to me.
Rrychlak
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Rrychlak
The two colored Xs that AaronishMagic suggested would give you a logical reason to set that deck aside and carry on with another deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Invisible Deck or X-Deck? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL