The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Torso Coin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Torso Coin Magic
What the heck is that? ..I hear you ask.

Well I am fairly new to coin magic and always willing to string a few new sleights together and design a short routine. My purpose is to try things out, sadly even before I have practiced them enough! I know that's bad, but I think better than just reading up on close up magic, but never giving it a go. So here is a couple of clips about 1 minute each:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxsbqk7pRCc
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nRDj5YXMRqk&feature=user

Ok, back to Torso Coin Magic, as I call it. If you record the 'whole performer' then the coins can appear quite small and lose impact. However, if you just frame the coin moves and the torso then maybe it losses that 'human element' and detracts from the performance. You never get so see the person's face or reactions. I am not a fan of just framing the torso, but have to concede, some of the best magic clips are of that nature e.g. Arnaud Chevrier's 3 coin routine based on exTROYdinary.

I would be very interested in people's views on my clips and opinions in this new era of sharing our art on-line and making it entertaining.
DSmagic
View Profile
Regular user
London
132 Posts

Profile of DSmagic
Loosen up, you seem very rigid. Not so keen on the choreography of your Wilson grip vanish. The moves themselves are getting there. Now I think it would be good to look at framing - not in the sense of what you can see on screen ett but keeping certain moves and sequences within a frame so as not to detract from effect.
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
I second the rigid comment. Your routine is there I think, now it just needs a polish. Work on flow and ease. Be Natural. Remember that nothing you do should look like you are doing anything. You are simple taking a coin, and putting a coin, and it just happens to be disappearing left and right! Keep up the beautiful work!

All the Best,
Josh
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Great advice above. I think you've got the potential to be a stunner!
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Torso Coin Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL