The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Travel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
I like the quickness of it. Especially if it's used in a Curtis Kam sort of way, as a lead-in to a slower (read: "more impossible") version.

Cheers!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Looks like another goodie brother! I think once you put that special Feher polish on it and maybe work in some of the suggestions Jon and Curtis made it will be one of your best! Seeing the beginning brought back the fond memory of how we met (Webb) and I still use that very same count today!

Keep em coming my friend,

Mick
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Hi Tim
I also liked the mat lifting idea you use for granting credits.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
" Stupid looking wand"? He's balancing 3 coins on that thing! It's amazing!! . Nice routine Tim.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
It “works” but I think it does so because of the quickness. I have a small problem with that, since laymen frequently explain away magic as “quickness of hand.”

I hear you when you say you work quickly, but consider that if you were to break the tempo … fast … slow …fast you would have a more compelling effect without even changing the method.

Now, as to the method… there are too many unmotivated transfers from the right to the left hand. Here are some suggestions as to how to motivate then.

Bring the coins out of the right pocket, perhaps in a small coin purse. Explain that the coins live in that pocket (or purse) and that they are somewhat shy. Don’t spend too much time on this nonsense, simply suggest it as a theme and get on with the trick.

Toss all the coins into the left hand, moving them far away from their ‘home’.

One travels. You might consider having it make it's way back into your pocket. It would be a simple matter to pretend to remove it from there instead of showing it in the hand. As you show the two remaining in the left hand, instead of tossing them on the table place them one at a time in a row from you right to your left. Start at the center line of your body for the first coin, and place the second half way between you center line and your left shoulder. Now when you count them into you left hand (starting with the coin at center) you are moving everything farther from the ‘home’ position. For the second transit hold the left hand farther to your left beyond you shoulder-line. Ad a Michael Skinner style "pregnant pause" here for dramatic effect. ...Clink!

Consider an HPC or Gallo Pitch action for the final coin. Or use the Bertini subtlety there instead of at the start.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hey guys thanks for the comments and suggestions.

I group my routine in different category's. Formal, walk around, impromptu, and starters.
This goes under a starter routine for me, in a in-formal situation( you know the times where you go kneel on the ground and start doing what ever comes to mind with your coins, or their coins). Those are usually quick little routines that I use to see how my spectators react.
Also the whole I have no motivation with my moves I disagree with also. I count the coins into my left hand show my right empty and then bam one coin under my right hand.
I count the two coins back into my left with the illusion of sound. Then a moment later, Bam a coin appears under my right hand. Put the last coin in my left hand show my right empty then Bam a third coin appears under my right hand. Ok sure maybe on the last coin I should not of transferred it from left to right I'll agree to that, but its not like I made a move out of it and it did not stop the flow of the routine I was talking and if I would've shot this so you can see my ugly face you would've noticed my eye contact I use in my routine that's important too, eye contact.
A Gallo pitch or HPC would've broke the flow of the routine. In my opinion.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Travel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL