The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » What's David Blaine been up to? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I'm just curious. There seems to be a lack of information about what he's been doing since his "Vertigo" special. Is he simply taking a break, or conjuring up another special? Or something else? Any information is greatly appreciated. Smile
Kathryn Novak
Grammar Hostess
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Heavens to Mercitroids
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Heavens to Mercitroids
I read a really off the wall interview with him a few months ago while searching magic sites on the web...I wish I could remember the site...anyway, he was talking about some of the things he had planned and some tricks he was working on. He also said he was planning a stage show, and had more specials coming. I also heard Howard Stern making fun of him a few weeks ago too, so he must be up to something!!!
I'm a big fan of his so any "inside" info on what he has in store would be appreciated.
When it's my time to shine.....The whole world is going blind.....From the Shiesty side of town.....Where a nickle costs a dime!
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
What was Howard Stern saying about him? Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I heard where he was working on a new TV special. One where He is killed and comes back to life after 3 days.
I REALLY hope this is not true. I don't think you compare yourself to GOD and pull a stunt such as that. That would really hurt Magic.
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I was only asking because things have been really quiet since Vertigo. Too quiet.

Flourish Dude, do you remember where you heard that? I wish I had DB's cell phone #. That way, I could just call him and ask him. Smile

me.
kuffs
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of kuffs
My prediction... He is preparing the next stunt's and it will be outside the U.S. and will deal with water...

He has played with the earth, the air... So only 2 left... water and fire.. I am pretty sure he will go with water, Because Copperfield did something with fire some time ago (So Badly presented IMO)

Nostada-kuffs says... "it will happen..." Smile

Kuffs
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Happy Easter

Click HERE

Lee
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
A few possibilities. Thanks, pyro, and happy Easter to you too. Smile

me.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Well he is around London at the moment, I haven't spoken to him since he has been here. He was at the club I do close-up in about a week ago but I wasn't in that night. When I spoke to him last year he mentioned the bridge stunt, he didn't say which bridge and he said concrete boots not lead.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Quote:
You've been quoted as saying that Jesus was a magician. Which of his miracles could you recreate?

On one episode it showed Jesus doing magic tricks. He turned a glass of water into a whole lot of funk. Smile Smile Hard to explain but, it has my vote for the best trick of the year.

Lee
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I hope something a little more definite comes soon. It sounds like he just has a few ideas floating around in his head, at the moment.

me.
wert
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of wert
After the disappointment of his last special, I urge him to take his time and give us something interesting this time.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
You won't be disappointed with his next special. I am not at liberty to reveal what they are but Blaine will be doing some Killer Closeup effects you guys and gals haven't seen before. In fact some of the most original effects ever seen in closeup magic.

He has some big names in magic working with him to create new effects for the next special. I predict the next special will cause you to look at Blaine in a different light.

Like I said, I can't reveal my source, but I have it from the horses mouth and from people involved and the next Blaine special will be a killer show. That's all I can say so please no further questions as I can't reply to them. Just want you to know another special is currently in the works.

Devin
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I think I'll stick with what's in the interview, magicbuilder. Smile

me.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
He was at the nightclub I do close-up in again last week. I Need to catch him!!!
I was doing some magic and this guy said Blaine was down last Friday and he levitated on the table, not only that but he let him pass a menu under his feet while he did it. He is really into his levitatons, when I was at his after-party for his book signing nearly the only we talked about was what should he do when people ask him to levitate. He must have found something cool, menu under feet, WOW. If I can catch him next time he is down at the club I will ask what he is up to and post it here.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3100 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Interesting, another new levitation??
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
And the plot thickens. Smile

UPDATE: July 28, 2003

Again, haven't heard anything on him since his Vertigo special. He seems to have mysteriously disappered from the public eye, for the time being.

me.
ChrisS
View Profile
New user
Cohoes, NY
56 Posts

Profile of ChrisS
Hi Kathryn,

Have you tried poking around http://www.davidblaine.com? You can sign up for his newsletter and drop him an email there.

I may be naieve but, who knows; you might just hear something back!

Chris S.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
He will be shackled and thrown into some body of water in England. Magically he escapes. Heck I can do that, now all I need is a camera crew, and a producer!
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
I don't think David Blaine reads the email there- there must be a ton of it! But, I might give it a shot-just because I know darn well I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.

me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » What's David Blaine been up to? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL