The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Killerstandup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

querni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of querni
Hi everybody,

has anyone of you ever had contact to that?

http://www.killerstandup.com/

What are you experiences about that?

Thanks,

Christoph
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Christoph,
The Killer Comedy Course was first mentioned to me by Ken Groves. Ken is a good friend and a great ventriloquist. I bought the course and think it is an excellent method to learn comedy writing. Steve Roye has broken things down so the concepts are easy to grasp and it helps you get to the "funny" faster.

Not sure how the information would translate to the German sense of humor. American comedy is a bit different. Still, I think it is worthwhile for anyone who wants to write their own material.
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

querni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of querni
Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick answer...
where did you bought it?

Thinking about...

Thanks,

Christoph
querni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of querni
Can you tell me a bit about the structure of the course?

It´s a book or some booklets, I think... do I need all the other stuff with is advertised with the course?

Thanks!
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
I purchased the course on-line from Steve - same site you posted above. It is a series of e-books. Didn't realize he offered them outside of the package. I found all the information helpful.

Structure of the course? Its fairly well described on his site. It discusses developing ideas, writing them out and editing down for the laughs. There are lots of details. Another helpful part was taking "street jokes" and changing them to fit your style.

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

querni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of querni
American vs. german sense of humor?

I know that many germans (not only my friends) love Jeff Dunham and friends, Ronn Lucas or Bill deMar... for example
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Quote:
On 2008-10-21 15:30, querni wrote:
I know that many germans (not only my friends) love Jeff Dunham and friends, Ronn Lucas or Bill deMar... for example

Then it should work well for you! I know a lot of American acts have trouble in England because there is a difference in what audiences find funny. I assumed that may translate to German audiences as well. Sorry for that!

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

querni
View Profile
New user
Germany
73 Posts

Profile of querni
No problem Smile
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
I also have studied the Killer Comedy course. I heard Steve lecture at Venthaven and bought the course. Ken Groves also recommended it highly. Ken is very funny and entertaining. It contains good, solid information on writing comedy and it is worth the amount he charges.

Having said that, there are many other good resources. I think it's best to study everything you can find on a subject. I recommend Steve Taylor's video "Humoring Your Dummy", Jay Sankey's "Zen and the Art of Stand Up Comedy", Steve Allen's "How to be Funny", and the Toastmaster's "Speaking to Entertain" and "The Humorous Speaker" manuals.
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
OFF TOPIC: This is funny Smile but maybe not that funny for GREG Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/ventriloquist-figure......0%3A1318
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Killerstandup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL