The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » How do you think about The Pro Carrier by Joshua Jay? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Well,
I believe a lot of people know Joshua very much.
I bought this pro carrier for already 5 months but I've never using them
because where I stay is a hot place, you will always wear a short sleeve.
So does anyone have the experience of this pro carrier?
Or what if you have what you will put in?

Sorry for my poor English.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I went to Penguin Magic and looked at the video of this. It's not worth it. If you want a quality item see frank Starsini at http://theambitiouscard.com
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I used it while working a bar about a week ago. I was wearing jeans and a tee so I didn't have much room to carry stuff. I put the pro carrier on my belt, which allowed me to carry an extra deck, some fraud bills, a sharpie, some coins, paperclipped and my business cards. While I'm sure there are other good products out there, this one served me well last week anyway.
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
The Pro Carrier is a half decent product if you just need it to look nice and carry a deck. For a meer $20 it's a decent price if a deck and business cards is all you want to carry. Just a tip - reinforce the belt loops if you want it to last.

Now, if you want to carry everything you need for strolling - you need to listen to Paddy and check out Frank Starsini's site.

Personally, If I'm working, I've been trying to work entirely from my pockets so I don't have a "carrier" at all. If I do need to carry something attatched to my belt, it's hidden by my jacket, so how it looks doesn't matter to me.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I got one of these at a Joshua Jay lecture a couple of years ago. It's okay, if that's the best you can do. Try looking at camera shops and see what kind of cases they have for the small digital cameras. Some of these would be perfect for this kind of thing.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
Well. thanks guys...

it's been a long time.
I still didn't use it for my work.. because I don't wear any jacket. so but if I do it will just looks nice..

any other feedback?
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Dustin is right about the belt loops. They didn't last long at all. Outside of that, the case itself is ok for carrying a few things (deck of cards, coins, biz cards, packet trick, etc.) I wouldn't buy another one.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
A bit too small for me and the zipper broke the first time I tried it out.

Paddy, thanks for the kudos.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Agreeing about Frank & "The Ambitious Card." I also have bought his strolling pouch & think it's great. I get the feeling you're about to enter the arena of professional magic, so you need top quality props, not "cheapos." I also own two of the pro carriers but for what I do I wear them under a jacket on either side. Frank's pouch may also be there depending on the situation. One of the Pro-Carriers had a belt loop break, so I went to a local dollar store and bought a cheap cell-phone case & cut the clip off with some of the material backing. I 1st glued the material to the center of the back of the carrier & finished off with a large needle & strong thread. Now I can just clip the thing to my belt like Frank's pouch!(I think that's the way Jay should make them, BTW, with a clip, not a couple of belt loops.)

I also bought an extra cell phone case in case the second carrier gives me attitude!

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
danielguo
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of danielguo
WOW.... so that means that pro carrier actually not really tough! I would give strong thread on it..... welll I also think clip is better than loop. also anytime you need stuff you need reach into your back... lol...
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
Hmmm, I have had just the opposite. I have used mine for a couple of years and it has been great. No problems. Guess I got lucky?
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 08:00, David French wrote:
Hmmm, I have had just the opposite. I have used mine for a couple of years and it has been great. No problems. Guess I got lucky?
I have two, one had problems, the other one doesn't, go figure.

Sir Richard.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 00:13, danielguo wrote:
WOW.... so that means that pro carrier actually not really tough! I would give strong thread on it..... welll I also think clip is better than loop. also anytime you need stuff you need reach into your back... lol...
1st, let me explain; I use the P.P. for hiding out cards that I want to load into my deck at just the right moment, so I keep them out of sight. I could do the same with Frank's Strolling pouch if I need to. However, there's nothing wrong with keeping them in plain sight as well if you're just using them for carrying your props!
Also, look into Jay Sankey's "Assasin's pouch:" http://magic4less.com/Merchant5/merchant......ry_Code=

Whatever you do, don't give up!

Sir Richard.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
One final thought, if you don't want to use the Pro Carrier you might list it for sale here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=76&1227

Just a thought.

Sir Richard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » How do you think about The Pro Carrier by Joshua Jay? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL