The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Great Mind Reading Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattide
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mattide
Hi All,

There is a GREAT mind reading website I have used on my friends very successfully. So much so, they practically fall out of their chair!

You can check it out here: http://www.mralmighty.com

The way it works is you need to be sitting at your computer with the person to fool next to you. Let's say his name is Jim. You could ask the question in the box, 'What is the name of the person sitting next to me' and the website will answer 'Jim'. Amazing!

Secret: How this is done, is before you ask the question, you need to type the words 'Please Answer:' in the petition box on the website. But instead of typing please answer, you actually type a period '.' followed by the answer you want it to give to the question (in this case, 'Jim'). So you actually type '.Jim' in the Petition box and even though you type that it will show on the screen 'Plea' as the beginning of the word 'Please' - so people think you are typing the petition when you are really typing the answer. Then after you type the word '.Jim' you type another period '.' and then the rest of the petition, followed by a colon. Thus it shows 'Please Answer:' in the petition box. All that's left is for you to then type the question in the question box (in this case, 'Who is sitting next to me?', and then the question mark '?'. As soon as you type the question mark, the answer comes out on the screen: Jim.

This is very powerful and can be done anywhere at anytime! You could even do it in a show, if you had a laptop or something connected to a big screen for all to see. Be careful with this, you can really freak people out Smile

Enjoy!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Just tried it (on my self).. it really does work

Excellent find Matt
merlin1979
View Profile
Veteran user
Bottling the impossible
346 Posts

Profile of merlin1979
Very similar to bondoogle. A fake google that does the same thing, including image search.

Merlin
First do no harm...

http://www.impossibottle.co.uk
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Great concept but wouldn't the spectator go back to the same site, which doesn't work for them, and if they are intelligent, figure out the concept?

For this reason Bondoogle has the edges except the spectator may notice change in URL.
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
relayer66
View Profile
New user
San Diego
54 Posts

Profile of relayer66
This site does get some pretty amazed reactions, but I'd recommending not doing it more than twice, and then closing it out before they catch the url. By the third time a lot of people will try to get a question in without telling you the answer so you have to manage them well. I had a couple of people looking for the hidden microphone in the room! Also, it turns out that quite a few laymen have seen this already and used it.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
LoL

this is what happen if mattide have waaaaay to much time on the web.....LoL

thanks mattitude for giving us this link...your 1st Post is a freebie to other good effect
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks, Mattide. We appreciate it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks!
mattide
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of mattide
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 02:06, relayer66 wrote:
This site does get some pretty amazed reactions, but I'd recommending not doing it more than twice, and then closing it out before they catch the url...

You can also use http://www.mralmighty.com/index2.htm when performing. That way the secret and instructions are not revealed Smile

Also that Bondoogle someone mentioned is also pretty cool! But is there a newer version? When I tried it on someone the first comments were 'Hey, Google doesn't look like that'.

BTW, I didn't know this was my first post! After 3+ years on this board I suppose it's about time...
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Thanks for link man.....
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
Awesome!
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Great find,I love it,.....
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2431 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yep! It's a terrific idea, and man I've fooled lot of people with that, but be careful it's not new! Other similar websites have been around for a few years (for example peteranswers.com) and even a friend of mine who's not at all into magic or mentalism showed this to me...

But it's such a tremendous idea! I do recommend practising a bit before doing it though, 'cause it's not that easy to pretend typing something while typing something else...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Great Mind Reading Website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL