The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Handkerchief folded up into a rabbit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Hi, do any of you guys know of a reference to a method to fold a handkerchief up into a rabbit?
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Humm... "Five Minutes With A Pocket Handkerchief" talks about folding a handkerchief into a mouse. I guess you could call it a rabbit?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
markyeager
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of markyeager
I learned it from the Close Up Magician by Bert Allerton from Magic Inc.
It's Fun to be Fooled
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
You can also find it in "Magic with Everyday Objects" by George Schindler.
Eschew obfuscation
Shafique
View Profile
New user
London
57 Posts

Profile of Shafique
Self working hankerchief magic by Fulves on Amazon also has the mouse in it - and a lot more.

One of the best value books around (and that goes for all the books in the series).

Cheers,
Shafique
DwightPA
View Profile
Regular user
Dwight Powell
113 Posts

Profile of DwightPA
Fulves' book also gives a very nice little routine with the rabbit. I've added to it some by displaying the handkerchief "making a rabbit appear." Of course the audience disagrees with that, so forming the handkerchief into the rabbit usually gets a good reaction.
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
Fulves has another trick that uses the handkerchief rabbit to select a card (takes a bite out of it)

Kinda cute.

This would be a fun routine for a kidshow using some cards from a kids card game (Sponge Bob, or something you can find in a toy store.)

:magicrabbit:
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
This can be found in some vent books. you need a large silk (90 cm) and a rubberband.
drape your left forearm with the silk, it should cover your hand, so you have equal portions of the silk on both sides of the arm. Now take the two "front" corners of the silk and cross them in your hand betwen the fingers and the thumb (the left corner is taken to the right and vise versa). Place the rubberband over the fingers. the two corners make now the ears of the rabbit and the rest is acting.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Dan Garrett has a cute little routine with this called "Invisible Hare." It's on his Kidshow Konnivery video and in one of his notes.
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
It's also well described in Phil Wilmarths "Fun with a Handkerchief", published by Magic Inc. There's also several versions of the mouse, and lots of other bits there, too.

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Handkerchief folded up into a rabbit? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL