The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
If by average you mean 8 & 1/2 by 11, then yes. Technique is a good supplement for step 2, I believe. Gabelson mentioned earlier that Matt Mello commented in another thread... something about doing this impromptu with a newspaper.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
My girlfriend used to tell me that size didn't matter. Then she dumped me.
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

Thanks again for the great comments on Technique.

Matt Mello
Wanderer2
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Wanderer2
Could this be done on stage with one of those giant paper pads?
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2009-05-11 00:01, pearljamjeff wrote:
My girlfriend used to tell me that size didn't matter. Then she dumped me.

LOL...

I recieved mine about a week ago and I cant wait to go out and try it, It will be a bit yet befor I do, but it will defenetly be worth the effort. I have a few Ideas I'm working on with it and am exited for the other possability's that I have in mind.

Thanks Mathew for releasing this.

Regards,

Daren
Twitter @darjames
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
Matt, thank you for coming out with this. The DVD was well made and thought out. Very clear instruction and it was great to see your performance style. Great job! Can't wait for your next release.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you enjoy it.

Matt Mello
VincentLee
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of VincentLee
Actually some of my friends got this but they said the Dvd only explain the "Number" version. and they said if I want to know "Technique", books are better. they said some books got some theory even can do it more easy and more comfortable.
is it?

P.S. I will get my "Technique" next week, just want to know if I can get more advance.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
If your friends can show me a book where this technique is made easier then I have provided please show it to me, because as far as I'm aware this is the easiest way to use it and become accustomed to it.

But, if you do know the name of the book I would be interested just for my own knowledge. Thanks.

Matt Mello
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
Matt, I purchased the DVD a month ago. Just had a chance to perform it.....it killed! Thanks.
jameme
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
193 Posts

Profile of jameme
It is a great product
thanks for releasing technique Matt

mello.. are you brasilian? just asking
its an interesting last name
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Hey guys,

Glad your enjoying Technique. Its great to hear that people are happy with a product that I've put a lot of work into.

My last name is portugese Smile.

Matt Mello
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
I am doing this on a more frequent basis and it going very well. Matt's presentational insight was very valuable.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Like I wrote the day after I bought it seven months ago, I found the information on this DVD to be invaluable. "Technique" would be worth its weight in gold, even if it were a heavier VHS tape.

Elliott
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I ordered this last night out of curiosity. The demo looked impressive and I just had to know. I am not a mentalist in anyway, but occassionaly have performed a few mental tricks.

With that said, I was very impressed with the method. At first I shook my head in disbelieve, and thought there was no way this could work. Then came the test. I tried it on my wife Bonnie this morning, and followed Matt's instructions to a tee. I couldn't believe how right he was. I was able to guess a three digit number I had her write on a paper.

I think I will incorporate this into my stage act using Buddy, (my puppet). I'll have him be the mindreader. I'll be working on a routine for it today.

(I posted this on another thread as well, but then seen this one which is a bit more current.)
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
greml1n
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of greml1n
I love this!!
It makes the idea much smoother to execute than its original predecessor. I also have used this idea with very simple shapes, it worked wonders. If you apply this method the right way you can even predict very simple drawings...but like many others have said it’s not foolproof, but rarely will it fail. IMHO I think its well worth it!!

Great job!!!
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
This just got on to my radar, seems like something to explore.
Frank
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this effect for sale in the "tricks and effects for sale or trade" section of the Café.

I think this is great and use it a lot. Included in my sale are a couple bonus ideas. One of them is the only way I use Matt's wonderful technique. Yes, the technique may require an "out". So, I have a routine that just kills that has a built in out so the routine kills whether the technique works or not. By the way, whether the technique works is based on whether the participant follows your instructions. As we know, participants don't always follow instructions. Usually they do, especially if you present the effect in a way that makes it entertaining and fun, and they "want" to play along. However, I use this routine because it really doesn't matter whether the technique works or not. The effect is a miracle either way. It's just a matter of whether it is a major miracle or really major miracle. Check it out if you are interested.

I hate to part with it, but I have to sell it because my magic is taking up so much room, it's either I sell some stuff or I have to move into the dog house!

In addition to the effect and the bonus above, I am including a second bonus, one of my favorite card effects, never released to the magic community. It is another very powerful routine.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL