The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Lately, I have been very pleasantly surprised as to how many occasions have presented themselves on which I have been able to incorporate numerous ideas from Matthew Mello's "Technique". The "technique" itself is wonderful- and very easy to learn. In fact, on another thread, Mello presents a great idea on how to present it completely impromptu, with a newspaper.

Equally as clever as "Technique", were some other gems that should not be overlooked, including a very fair looking "turning away" approach I have already incorporated with Luke Jermay's "Emotional Intelligence". In addition, Mello's insights on spectator management are most helpful

Similarly, there is a very clever billet tear that is taught, with a couple of tremendous subtleties employed. Even if you use another tear, this will help you add "stealth factor" to yours.

Again, I have been surprised as to how much I have gleaned from "Technique", and recommend it to any mentalist looking to expand their arsenal and improve their existing skills.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thanks, we didn't talk much about the bonuses but they are really great. This effect really proves that an update of an almost forgotten idea can really play big.
P3
practice practice perform.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Matt did this for me on Monday, and it was absolutely great!!
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
How repeatable is the effect for the same person? Is it possible to borrow anything and not carry anything on you?
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I have never even heard of this till I checked out their site for the first time, and it looks amazing! I wonder why I havent heard that much about this effect, but definitely want to check it out! -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Gabelson,

Glad you liked it and are getting use out of it.

I've always said that it's the subtleties that make the effect. The technique is good, but it's all the small things that go on that make the effect better. And if you can apply them to other effects then awesome. Have fun with it.

Matthew Mello
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
It's a really good video and I was pleasantly surprised with method.I wouldn't repeat it over and over though. Value for money is easy 10/10 imho.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
You were pleasantly surprised with the method ?
You haven't never read a classic mentalism book have you?
Besides thank you to Matthew to refresh this technique.
The video is well done and the explanation are very clear.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
I've read what I've read. Including Corinda where it was alluded to but I was still happy with MM's work on it and the quality of the Vid Smile
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Maybe Smile

I think it's not matter of "Magicians helping magicians" here. It's matter of knowledge. It's not because you don't know something that it's new! I understand nowaday a DVD is easier to watch than read a book. Today all is easy to find via internet. It's very good because the general level of our art rises but in the same time "newcomer" thinks he knows everything after 6 months of practice.

I am not talking about you. I'm talking in general.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think people are making assumptions about Technique that are not true. The method to Technique is what I would call a lost classic. Almost like a band like the MC5 great band in their day people didn't really get it but it took years for people to see what they could do with the groundwork that they laid out. Technique looks like real
(hard core so you want me to prove it, fine I don't need to touch the paper in fact go to the other side of the room) mind reading. I know people love a good spat on here but it isn't necessary with this product. This is one of the good ones. As for Matt Mello releasing rehash material I think that you are wrong Matt is one of the most gifted and practical mentalism thinkers I have met. He is one of the very few mentalist that work on a weekly basis doing close up mentalism for people in an upscale restaurant. What is even cooler is he does it with no gimmicks, although he may start using the Universal Impression gimmick if he's smart. Did I mention that he is only 21.
P3
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Technique is NOT pencil reading as has already been pointed out. For someone to find a reference to Technique in 13 steps would be very difficult as I think it is ONE LINE. I took the technique and made it easier. I came up with ways to get the spectator to go slower and be more precise without actually saying, "Please go slowly and draw deliberately". If you don't see that as an improvement then whatever. I'm done. Ttyl.

Matthew Mello
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2086 Posts

Profile of gabelson
The video, as LukeB said, is extremely well done. "Technique" is not pencil reading. I have attempted pencil reading for years, to no avail. Well, immediately after watching "Technique", I was able to perform it. First time out! The spec had no clue as to how I was able to get the information I did.
"Technique" is explained clearly as are all its subtleties. Plus, the extras alone are worth the price of the DVD, IMHO.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
It's hard not to be defensive when one is exploring and elaborating on work that has already been published. Myself, I don't see a problem if somebody is "re-discovering" and building upon classic work as long as it's properly credited and as long as there's not deliberately misleading hype.

I don't think the fact that the "Technique" Matthew is presenting has been described in 13 Steps and some of Karl Fulves work and it has, needs to take away anything from anyone.

It's "real work" stuff. And that has as much value as "the secret" in my opinion anyway. Caveat Emptor.
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2274 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
I don't think the fact that the "Technique" Matthew is presenting has been described in 13 Steps and some of Karl Fulves work... and it has... needs to take away anything from anyone.

I agree 100%. I just ordered this and am looking forward to seeing a "classic method" applied in the real modern world. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2085 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Christopher,

I value your integrity and opinion and hope you will post a review after you've had an opportunity to try Technique. Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2274 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Steve: I will be happy to do that. Cheers.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I use Technique as taught: a very direct effect. But at times I also use it in combination with "Meant to Be" for a version of ACAAN. Someone writes a number, keeps that number to themselves, someone else thinks of a card. I pull out the deck, ask them to announce their card, I then cleanly hand them the deck. I then ask the first person to, for the first time, reveal the number. They do, and then the spec with the deck counts down to that number and viola!
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1934 Posts

Profile of ted french
Seriously, why didn't we think of something like that.
P3
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Watched it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL