The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-11-01 21:30, ElliottB wrote:
Watched it.

Great review, Elliott.

Even though, if I may say that, a little long winded... Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
Does it have to be a number? Could it be 2 characters resembling a playing card?
( characters meaning A,B,C,1,2,3)
CW
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Can I ask those who own this how long it is taking them to get the technique down? The first few runs I have encountered some things not on the Vid but I know this was because I didn't set the spec up properly. My question's are really, how long is it taking you to learn, what is your success rate and are you practicing a lot on 1 or 2 mates who know what your up to or just friends and strangers?
CardWiz
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
626 Posts

Profile of CardWiz
People have been calling me "Yu" lately. I don't know, must be Chinese.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
LukeB,

If you are having any troubles feel free to contact me and I will try to help you the best I can. The effect/method is very simple and you should get it down very quickly. Again, PM me and I'll help you out.

Matthew Mello
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3206 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
So, I was thinking about this DVD, and it occurred to me that, almost as an aside, it includes a particularly clever and versatile idea that I will immediately be able to add to my arsenal. I suspect others will too. Therefore, I highly recommend this DVD to all mentalists and serious hobbyists.

Elliott
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1239 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I high recommend this DVD too.

Technique is not an effect that you watch and perform next day; it takes time to master; the good thing is that it’s easier than old methods as Matthew wrote above.

I’m using it with my ACAAN and Affected by Berglas deck.

Someone ask if Technique could be used for letters, numbers or maybe symbols. I think yes but I would “Limit” the output possibilities in order to make it more accurate.

Also I suggest you to have a backup plan.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Backup plan? Not 100% full proof?
Magic is a vanishing art.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Demo:

http://www.papercraneproductions.net/technique.htm

I think he meant to have a backup plan for letters not numbers.
Numbers from what I read are 100 percent.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Could this be used for example, at the end of diplopia?

As in you do all the lead in whilst you look for their thought of card, and they do the writting on the card?

Then you could both write the same number on each others chosen card.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
"Technique" is what the titel says, it´s a variation of an old and wellknown (impromptu)technique to recieve a number without touching the paper after writing. The idea is quite clever but not 100% safe, so you should think about an own out (metthew offers an also well know out, but for me this is more an emergency door).
I also think that this technique could be usefull in combination with other techniques embedded within a stage or stand up routine where you also need to get a number a spectator is thinking of. To use this method to recieve letters or pictures could be too risky in my opinion.

So for me, "technique" is another technique I can use impromptu more or less and that enhanced my mental toolbox. Now it depends on the creativity of the mentalist to create an entertaining routine. But I wouldn´t perform it pure as stand alone.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
People are reporting very near to 100% with numbers and having practiced this a while I wouldn't disagree..I'm yet to try symbols but knowing the secret it seems the ESP symbols would be even more gettable than numbers
Luke
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I just cant decide wether to purchase this or not, I'm worried to start with that it is what I thought it was, of which it would seem to me that it couldn't be because of the idea of letters and symbols. But if its not 100% and at the end of the day there are plenty of methods that can glean info of people, is this really something ELSE I should spend my hard earned cash on?

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
If you are into mind reading and after reading the threads you don't know EXACTLY how this works it is a must buy.If you practice the effects are quite severe.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Ineresting, thas great advice, what pushes you toward saying this is a MUST buy?

Im interested. Sounds great!

Jon Hackett
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Jon,
it depends on what you already know,use and what kind of effects you want to present.
If you are a collector of different techniques it may could be a "must have". If you are looking for a stand up or stage method to reveal a number, it´s another method besides of many others and a "nice to have" technique.
As already mentioned, it depends on what you want to realize, but although it´s an interesting variation, it´s not a "must have" in my opinion.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
684 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Thanks forn all the information, I want to buy this DVD.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This looks like a very good tool for my tool box!

Ray
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
It's great.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
352 Posts

Profile of TKE
I am looking into getting into mentalism and this effect looks very interesting. would you reccommend this along with the 13 steps book? I wanted a dvd to sort of supplement my reading of the book. also how impromptu is this effect? my main thing is I don't want to have to walk around with a large notepad like I see in the demo. can this be done with a small to average size sheet of paper?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on "Technique" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL