The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Al Schneider is posting on youtube! plus real young kid cuppin' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T4xbc-FOx0

Fools the bejeezus outta me. You go Al!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLxHgkoHmc

This kid, quotes his source before he starts. Does the snot out of a long and complex routine. Fun to watch!
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Al fooled the crap out of me.

That kid bored the hell out of me. The routine is so long, I had to stop it halfway through.
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I love Al's handling of the chalices and orbs!
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I just did a search on Al Schneider and found lots of hits, and was wondering if it is the same Al Schneider on this Youtube vid?

I watch Al's routine a number of times and it really amazes me everytime. Could this routine be done without patter? I am deaf and it sure as heck works fine without patter for me, so what do the experts say about this routine being done without patter? Just the routine and maybe a little music.

This Routine also reminds me of what Bill Palmer said about chipping away the layers and he was right about this.

Thanks Kent for the link.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
The boy's routine was indeed long and a bit patter challenged, though he has definitely done his homework well. The highlight for me was seeing him pull off the Mora wand spin vanish...which I still cannot do myself..I am very sad at this moment. In 10 years that young magician will be great, and I fear I will still be swatting away at that elusive sleight.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You could do this without patter, if you left out a couple of the pauses you see in the action. When you see Al pause for a long time, he is speaking. You could do this without speaking.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Thanks Bill, it's what I needed to hear.

I agree with NoVaCain, that kid is going to be famous, and it makes me wish I had started out early.

Have fun Folks!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I second NoVaCain! This kid did his homework indeed. It will get better as he grows up. I started when I was 7....33 years later I still practice and study. I love seeing these kids.

Uriel...I suggest you watch the whole thing.. We all learn from each other! For a young man..the boy can somehow connect with even the cam.

Mabuhay from Manila!

Rannie

PS. As always...it was a pleasure to watch Al! Thanks for sharing this Kent!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Quote:
On 2008-10-24 00:20, rannie wrote:
Uriel...I suggest you watch the whole thing.. We all learn from each other! For a young man..the boy can somehow connect with even the cam.

All right. I watched the entire routine, and commented leaving him a little advice that I think could help him along his journey into the wild world of cups and balls. Smile
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 23:55, madkiki wrote:
Thanks Bill, it's what I needed to hear.

I agree with NoVaCain, that kid is going to be famous, and it makes me wish I had started out early.

Have fun Folks!

Any time you need for me to be your ears, let me know. I'll do my best to help you.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Al Schneider is posting on youtube! plus real young kid cuppin' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL