The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liquido (Melting Coin) by JP (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Liquido (Melting Coin) by JP
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=10926

Any of you guys heard of this? Typos in an ad copy? That can't be good...
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
I hope this is good. This is just my style! Imagine if you bend a coin, and then melt it afterwards. All in the spectators hand.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
They expect people to fork out $25 w/o a demo?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3843 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
You are very spoiled Thomas. There's been sooooooooooooooo many effect that did not have demos that cost way more than $25.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
With so many misleading and irresponsible advertisement nowaday, to buy without a demo certainly is risky.

There were many excellent effects without demo, but that is the good old days when we can trust each other.

Liquido sounds interesting, but I will wait for others review first.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3843 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
A bad trick is a bad trick. There's ones WITH demo videos and are STILL misleading... even more misleading as a matter of fact! I vote for a CLEAR description of EXACTLY how a effect plays out for a spectator from start to finish with or without video.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I agree with kissdadookie. I have invested in many tricks that looked great on the video, but were impracticle, or above my skill level in the real world. I just consider it the price I must pay to come across those gems that I like and will do.
Sammy J. Teague
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2273 Posts

Profile of Logan
It goes both ways really.

It all boils down to whether or not the person who is in charge of the video demo/description is honest about what he/she is doing.

Saying that a video demo only or description only is better becomes moot if the maker of the trick is unscrupulous.

That said, the description of this effect sounds really boombastic, I'd love to see how it looks!

Stay safe,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I'm starting to get confused. You place the coin in the spectator's closed fist. But they are able to SEE the experience and it looks like trick photography? I thought it was in their closed fist! How is it as visual as it gets in a closed fist? I'm confused...
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
Quote:
On 2008-10-25 12:03, magicman4646 wrote:
You place the coin in the spectator's closed fist.

The ad copy reads: "You ask for a coin and place it on the spectator's closed fist"

The key word being 'on' Smile

I really wish this thing had a demo
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Oh. My mistake. So what are they holding tight on to?
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
They are holding a piece of wax...LOL

Or one of those Alex Louridou 'creations'
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
This is such a pipe dream. Another Jay Crowe trick.
Why does he keep changing his name?

It will cost you another $50 to make the gimmick, then an extensive process that actually won't work. Why? well, where are you going to keep the coin?
In your pocket? Nope.

What a waste of money and reading time.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
I've read the eight-page manuscript. The method requires an investment of time and materials to create a coin that you ring in. Coin literally melts in your hand.

I won't have time to actually acquire materials and make the fake to try it out. I agree that this one requires a video or picture to show how convincing the coin and final effect appear. Fresh idea, but there's no way to test this out without purchasing the manuscript and building the gimmick. Pictures in the booklet are small and it's hard to tell how good the effect looks.

Material is supposed to be safe, but who knows?

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 15:58, Wayne Kawamoto wrote:
Material is supposed to be safe, but who knows?

* Lawsuits sold separately
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I was not sure to comment about it or not but IMHO the idea is great and better what I expected. I have to give credit to Jay for researching and trying out new things.

I will actually try this out and see what happens. It is true that you have to invest at least $60 to make a couple of coins but on the other hand this is not something you will or want perform every day. It is definatively not for the stroller or table hopper. Yes, it will be quite hard to keep the coin(s) on you without melting pre-maturely so a special container has to be made. A mini fridge so to speak.

If this works as described and the spectator opens his/her hand how will they react? That needs to be seen and I will test drive it. Free of charge to you all. Smile

I guess you can call it liquid money.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Just show me a demo ok?
Film it on a cellphone camera. I don't believe it will loook like a real coin.

How will you switch the fake in? you have to hold it in your hand.
Baaaaaa humbug
James
Jay Crowe
View Profile
Loyal user
Visual Artist
275 Posts

Profile of Jay Crowe
Hi Silvio,

I don't post much on threads right now, but I felt the need to clear things up a bit: you don't need any kind of special container or mini fridge. Room temperature is fine.

My good friend Banachek used the basic *concept* a few years ago but in a different angle. I must say it's a genius idea.

This is obviously not suitable for table hopping, and I don't claim that. It's one of my many approaches in metal bending, and a fresh one. The possibilites with this concept are endless. This is described on the booklet.

Wayne, the materials I mention are 100% safe. I can guarantee that.

Feel free to contact me personally through email if you have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions

I'll be glad to help where I can .

Thank you for your support.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Have you ever performed this for people you are not related to?
James
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
284 Posts

Profile of cocomax
If the coin melts and the spectator ends up holding a blob of molten metal that stays molten in their hand. . . What are you suppose to have spectator do with the stuff?

What is the spectator going to be thinking? My first reaction would be OH MY this guy just handed me a coin made of frozen Mercury and it melted in my hand! I have been poisoned!!!!!!!!!!!! If a spectator reacts in that way what do you do? Do you explain to them that it was not Mercury and it was a REAL coin and my special magical powers are melting a REAL coin in their hand, or do you explain do them that it was not Mercury but something else and have to explain to them what the secret something is.

I can totally see myself getting into HUGE trouble with this one if I used it in the real world. Even though it is totally safe, but sort of expensive.

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Liquido (Melting Coin) by JP (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL