We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween effects for doorsteppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Have been hanging around the fringes of Bizarre for a while and feel that Halloween is my "coming out" time.
We get doorsteppers "trick or treating" every year. They're of different ages from v. young with parents to late teens
I've often thought that a spooky presentation of a couple of quick effects was needed, so here is what I've come up with:

1) Haunted Pack- I am using using Spooked with Tarot cards "will the spirits give us a message"
2) Ghoulish offerings- "You must choose your gift- look the choices include newt's eye, bogies, dead rats".. They touch a card - the ones next to it are foul unpleasant choices but their selection has "sweets" written on (disappointing the house owner who had a supply of maggots ready to go)- A P*P E**D P****R deck with foul suggestions written on the front cards give a "freedom" to their selection
3) Spirit message- A piece of parchment is unwrapped. It has a pentagram on it. The doorsteppers initials are printed on it and it is crumpled up. A taper is waved over it and a spell recited. The parchment ignites but when the flames go the parchment remains. The message now reads- "You shall have a reward of candy"- A simple addition of a separate parchment message to the F**** Paper parchment as it is crumpled. John Bannon's idea of using sparkle powder on a match is applied to a taper so waving it over the message without it touching it causes ignition (cementing the idea of a spell completed)

These are my first contributions to the Bizarre forum, hope they are useful (and I've tried to be clear without exposure)

Enjoy

Shanester
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3829 Posts

Profile of The Curator
If you need top Halloween music:
http://www.eyeenvision.com/litterbox/litterbox.html
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I have been working on variations for the old "Dutch Looper" card trick and your post gave me some new ideas. Thanks, Shanester!

Varation 1: Two of the cards have the word TRICK printed on them, and the card they can never locate has the word TREAT printed on it. Very easy to make up from blank faced cards.

Variation 2: Two of the cards have pictures of cockroaches or other disgusting images, and the elusive card has images of candy on it.

http://www.magicnook.com/WizJ17/wizj17-04.htm
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
As I've posted in the past on the Rapping Hands threads - my skeleton rapping hand on table scattered with candy is a big hit!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween effects for doorsteppers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL