The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Sanders Tagged... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
First I guessed m.......s when I saw the demo the first time since the 'hook-up' is so clean. But then...Then the whole 'assembly' can be given out as a souvenir.
That's what animates my brain cells at the moment LOL
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of cardlover
Im going to try and hold off for reviews, but this does look amazing and I think it's gonna be awsome.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
This is an AWESOME idea . . . Quick, Visual, Surrounded, add a little gimmick to the deck and you've got yourself some amazing magic.

There is a reason why the chain doesn't go THROUGH the card.
There is a reason why you HAVE to use a Dog Tag Chain.
When you put all of these brilliant ideas together . . . you get TAGGED!!

I will be buying it.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Watching the demo, I would not be surprised if a clothing alteration is needed.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
LOL, music, it's shouldn't be that complicated! At least that's what I'm hoping for...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 08:40, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
...as you draw attention the the dog tag chain hanging around your neck. It is ordinary and ungimmicked.

Included with the package:
Secret Gimmick

LOL...

The video looks great!
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
If you have to alter your clothing that would be aweful. please tell me that's not so .
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
I'm in.. I have a few ideas for a method, but I can't see how the card can be signed with my ideas... Any hoo I'm in. I think I'll just get this and Extreme Burn together..

Richard is the mak daddy.. I'm still looking for his book though? Any one know where I can get it as it is no longer in print. I want to learn his bill in marker effect and apparently he has a nice cig thru coin version with a coin with an hole and a switch. Anyone?
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2008-10-29 02:45, tophatter wrote:
If you have to alter your clothing that would be aweful/ please tell me that's not so .

Not sure about the need to alter your clothing, but I doubt this will work while wearing a shirt and tie. If so, no good for formal shows.

AP.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
You were considering doing this at a formal show?? Smile
Say it ain't so. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I don't think there would be any problem in performing this at a formal show. At a Trade Show it would be ideal as you usually have a ID badge hanging around your neck anyway, depending on the method it could be a great way to give out details from the company or of course your own details, a bit like Chicago opener with the details on the back of the card.

Ben
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Ben,

Yes..a trade show environment is perfect as people wear those badges around their neck. So this effect would be "fit in" that arena. Good thinking.

In my mind I was envisioning a formal dinner party and the like so my jaw dropped just thinking about it. Might as well do card to shoe if you like committing a faux pas.

All the best,

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Is this not the same effect that came out a while back where the card appears on a safety pin on your tie? That used a m*****.

This one apparently doesn't use a m*****, but is it the same effect, if so theres no real point in selling a different method for the same effect....

I like Richard Sanders a lot, so I'm not fishing for trouble, just seems strange....
brettsaunders
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
108 Posts

Profile of brettsaunders
Here would be a great effect with this. Do Ambitious card then make the card jump onto the dog chain instead of the "Card to Mouth" phase. Take the card off the dog chain & have a second card identically hole punched and do a hole-punched bent card finish - now that would be impressive!
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 20:54, music wrote:
Watching the demo, I would not be surprised if a clothing alteration is needed.

I agree, I'm thinking this is t-shirt only stuff, and you will need to buy 2 shirts.

I also agree that hints are available based on obvious conditions that would otherwise be noted in the advertisement, but are not: "No force", "Free choice", "spectator can name any card", "spectator signed card", "borrowed deck", "any chain", "any necklace", etc.

Still this looks great!
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2008-10-29 09:11, DVLKCC wrote:
You were considering doing this at a formal show?? Smile
Say it ain't so. Smile

I wouldn't do card to shoe (or mouth), but don't see any reason not to do this.
Any objections?

AP.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Okay, I'm seeing this effect is more catering to guys... No problem. I just won't get it.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
I'm becoming more and more skeptical of demos. If you could cleanly and immediately remove the chain, I wish he would have shown that in the demo. In the vain of some other marketed effects, it would be a pity to have to do the dirty work in the process of removing the chain from your neck. But from what they show, I've got to admit, it looks outstanding. I hope this one is a winner.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think we have to look at the creater. Richard Sanders has always been above and beyond fair with his demos. I always have found it's what you see is what you get when it comes to Richard.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-10-29 21:22, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
I think we have to look at the creater. Richard Sanders has always been above and beyond fair with his demos. I always have found it's what you see is what you get when it comes to Richard.

I'm a huge fan of Richard Sanders and I'd agree: What you see is what you get. I guess my point is that I'm not seeing him do the effect from start to finish. So I don't know what I'm getting. I think I have a pretty good idea of how this is done. My concern is not with the method. It's the handling. I'd be very curious, as we all should be, how the effect looks from start to finish. More specifically how he handles the moment when the card is magically waved onto the chain to the moment the chain is handed out.

Best, Platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Sanders Tagged... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL