The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anybody really use Muscle Reading? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 23:32, OTTOEMEZZO wrote:
I don't think it's about that Greg. I want to see who uses it and what's the accuracy rate, so I thank you for stating your position. But really, now I'm motivated to try this with new people. Does anybody have a great routine that uses Muscle Reading with an out. I'm thinking about Muscle Reading with a NW.

I wasn't directing it at you, but just in general.
In one of my shows I did some pseudo-CMR mixed with some real stuff. What I did was use the Osterlind SOS bag.

In the entrance to the room I had the bag clipped and opened and a sign next to it. The sign told people to fill out slips with various commands or directions for someone to do. I gave examples like "Go to the back of the room and sit" or "take someone by the hand and lead them outside", etc.

I had slips and pencils there for people to fill and drop in the bag. When it came time I took the bag off the clip and unfolded it. Now I had three people "randomly" pick a slip. I then did CMR with each person. Of course, due to the bag, each slip was a forced item.

But here is where there was some real CMR. The slips read stuff like: "Go to the prettiest woman in the room and kiss her on the cheek", "Slap a big guy in the face" and "Go to a chair and sit on it." Okay, so even though I knew the basic instructions I had to find the woman that person thought was the prettiest - I did... and I found the right guy he was thinking of. And the strangest of the all was the chair. I did it using non-CMR just for fun. I actually found the correct chair.

The guy that was leading me was another magician and told me later he had no idea how I got to the right spot. I didn't either. I kept judging things and asking stuff like "I think I'm going right... am I?" I ended up in an area that had four chairs. I picked one and asked and he said that was the one he was thinking of... it was.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
I learned CMR under the guidance of Satori and it all depends on you and selecting your participant. He must have a real interest in making this experiment a success and on the other hand it is up to you to give the correct instructions so he will be thinking in terms you are able to discern.
MagicDog
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
174 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have been using it on and off for years it depends of selecting your participant, I normally have three people I use to get a good read. Over the last thirteen years I have not lost a paycheck or have failed to find the who or what I was looking for.

John
Make Everyday Magical
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
No disrespect to ayone on here. But I think it's been said already. Nothing to do with delusions of grandeur, but If 'I' can't do it I'm always skeptical. I guess it's a bit like psychics. They claim they can, we've tried but can't, so logically we find it a wee bit difficult to believe.
Don't get me wrong, I've done MR succesfully in the past but I don't believe it was MR. I told them I could and they literally dragged me to the hidden condom (which naturally was unused, I wouldn't do anyother show).
But maybe we could agree that: it sometimes works but not all the time. Mmmmmm a bit like my psychic guessing? So... maybe THAT'S real too!!!
In all fairness I DO have a lot of respect for many of those in here who claim it does work, so that keeps me thinking: "maybe".
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
kevin carmean
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of kevin carmean
Saw Kreskin Holloween night last week. The six member team hid his check in the back of the guy two rows back from me and was amazed how quick Kreskin was able to go almost directly to the row. He had the guy out in the isle but wasn't getting an exact read so he turned to his second choice a women who is asked "you know where it is right?" and she wasn't exactly sure as Kreskin spoke up about the people not listening to his instructions as he asked another lady who grabed the hankerchief and he got his read and really played up the final reveal as he pulled the check out of the guys left back pocket and ran back up front waving the check to a great audience reaction. From the few times I have done this I really respect how quick and right on he is.
If you are not quick it can be real sleeper.
Kreskin is the man!
Kevin
Clinton W. Gray
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Clinton W. Gray
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 11:07, A.G. wrote:
Being Canadian, I am a big fan of "The Amazing Kreskin"

Kreskin isn't Canadian... I'm confused.
Clinton W. Gray
Magician in Vancouver BC
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
That's correct Kreskin is not Canadian, I never said he was.

Being Candaian, and more specifically from Ottawa, where George lived after filming his series.

From 1971 to 1975, his television series The Amazing World of Kreskin was broadcast throughout Canada on CTV and distributed in syndication in the United States. The series was produced in Ottawa, Ontario at the CJOH-TV studios. An additional set of episodes were produced in 1975, billed as The New Kreskin Show which aired until 1980.

Here is a link to see some of the historic moments from his show.

http://www.rickstv.com/kreskin/

So important to do your homework and pay tribute to those who came before you.

All the best Always,
Andrew Gerard
Well then...
Clinton W. Gray
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Clinton W. Gray
Thanks A.G., I didn't know that. Didn't even know his first name was George.
Clinton W. Gray
Magician in Vancouver BC
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 14:46, Espforyouandme wrote:
I don't focus on "muscle reading," but rather, contact mind reading.

I thought they were different names for the same principle?
Is there a difference between the two?
:)
Wonder
View Profile
New user
North Wales, United Kingdom.
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
I find Muscle Reading very reliable, you've also got to pick your subjects. pre-testing them by using pendulums works fine. Also you've got to practise this as you would with Sleight-of-hand, having a brake for a few weeks we'll leave you rusty but it's like riding a bike. The more you practise the quicker you'll become with it. Also with Muscle Reading you can do this with numbers.
vratkins
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans USA
151 Posts

Profile of vratkins
I've done muscle reading occasionally over 25 years. After a few initial failures, got the hang of it and never failed outright since. (Ok, once, now that I think about it). One time I sensed that the object was near someone, I asked him to get out of the way. It was, of course in the guys pocket. Another time I failed, I kept getting drawn to the leg of a couch; when I gave up, the subject showed me that the couch was unbalanced, and it was easy to lift the leg and find the hidden penny. There was also the time when the object was hidden in the "personal space" of a young woman.
The fear that people are just being nice, (or just trying to get it over with), has dogged me too. Many a time it felt like I was being dragged to the spot. I was finally convinced it was a real phenomenon by "Non conscious movements - from mystical messages to Facilitated Communication" a book by Herman H. Spitz. In it he describes muscle reading experiments in which the "reader" was first drawn on the same meandering route the subject took when he was deciding where to hide the object. The subjects could understand how the reader found the object, but couldn't fathom how she was drawn to locations that weren't thought of during the test. In other words, the reader is sensing non-conscious thought. Subjects denied leading the reader, and it would still work when the subject was aware of the method. There's another confirmation, the psychological fact that our actions are controlled by inhibition. As soon as you imagine an action, you start to do it milliseconds before the inhibitory signals stop it. So both unconscious and conscious thoughts can slip out before you can stop them.

As far as doing "muscle reading" with a trick backup, I always liked the idea of the sealed letter delivery. It's dead simple to locate one person in a group, and you can use any number of devices to get the name.
Regards,
Victor
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
It is real, all right. I learned Non-contact from Arnold Furst in 1959 and never had a failure -- though I was very selective about when and where I conducted an experiment -- never "on demand." But then I began tapping into the fear that sometimes resulted from my success -- not mine -- from the spectators. I don't need it, so have rarely performed since. However, the techniques have served me very well in the sales business. Increased empathy can be a good thing -- but there is a price to pay.

Read Hanussen's book -- see what it did to him.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18037 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Don't work with Nazis and you'll be fine Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Quote:
On 2009-09-12 19:41, funsway wrote:
It is real, all right. I learned Non-contact from Arnold Furst in 1959 and never had a failure -- though I was very selective about when and where I conducted an experiment -- never "on demand." But then I began tapping into the fear that sometimes resulted from my success -- not mine -- from the spectators. I don't need it, so have rarely performed since. However, the techniques have served me very well in the sales business. Increased empathy can be a good thing -- but there is a price to pay.

Read Hanussen's book -- see what it did to him.

Arnold was a great guy and very gracious with his knowledge...I do miss his company

David
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
It really does work but for working performance, I would not put this as my sole method to accomplish a desire effect, I did have my own back up if the muscle reading fail on me....
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Anybody really use Muscle Reading? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL