The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Beginners Comedy Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hackwire
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of hackwire
I'm gonna start my first comedy magic for kids and adults. What DVD should I purchase. It will be a light stage performance. thanks.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
David Williamson, Fielding West and Michael Finney material is the way!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
This month's REEL MAGIC QTRLY features Mac King - one of the leading comedy magicians today.

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Reel-Magic......583.html

Caught on Tape: Mac King
John Lovick has a hilarious conversation with the king of comedy magic, Mac King

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 11:54am
I would also suggest looking into the works of Aldo Columbini. Very comical.

It really depends on your sense of humor as to which magicians you will want to study.

They all have different styles... Wayne Dobson vs. Mac King - much different, yet both comical.

A good starting point is to watch performances of various comic magicians and find which one suits your taste.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
Fielding West and David Williamson.Met them both and these guys are great.Any of their DVD's are good.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Pick up a copy of Seriously Silly by Silly Billy.

Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Please don't limit yourself to DVDs. In the grand scale of what materials are available, DVDs are hardly the "main thing". Expand your search and I think you will get more for your money.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of jtb
The post by Mark Reed is right on. If you want to learn from a professional then you need to find what time of comedian fits your type of magic.

One way I was able to research Comedy Magic was to go to You Tube and type in 'Comedy Magic'. I did this after I bought a Comedy Magic DVD that I felt was horrible and a complete waste of money.

I viewed clips of about 20 different magicians and bought DVDs of three of them. I felt that these viewings allowed me to have a clear idea of what type of performer was on each DVD.

In many cases the magicians put up their own videos. From my own perspective. I felt that if I liked a performer then I should buy his or her DVD since I had been viewing excerpts for free.

John B.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Call it a study outing and try to get to a show by the Amazing Jonathan. Not sure if he has any books or DVDs but he is worth the trip.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Beginners Comedy Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL