The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » OLOF by Paolo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Okay, I got a sneak peek at this. It's an anytime, anywhere impossible location with a borrowed deck of cards.

Basically, a person picks a card while the deck is under the table... free choice. The card is put back while the deck is still under the table and the deck is shuffled by the spectator. With all those rules in play and with no peeking, you are able to instantly find the card... Oh, and tell him what card it was.

I think Paolo is putting this out as an ebook and, if I'm not mistaken, it will go for a very low price of five bucks.

Too cool. One of those things to know for the right time to show your powers.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Sounds great Greg...how soon until we can purchase it?
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I have read Paolo's 'Olof' and really enjoy his presentation. The ease and simplicity of the method is superb and baffling. Blend Paolo's strong script with some solid acting that is supported by a simple method...and well, that's pure mentalism!

Olof's price is an outrageously fine bargain.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thank you, Gregory and Mick.

I really appreciate your comments about OLOF.

And, for the people who already got OLOF, two other ideas -

TAROLOF - Olof done with a full deck Tarot cards. With Tarots, you can give a brief reading to the person and that reading leads to you sensing their chosen card.

OLOF IS ALIVE - An impressive L&D test with blank index cards. All the cards are left blank except for one upon which participant has written down the name of a dead relative only they can know of. You get the vibes from the blank cards and successfully separate them from the dead card. And you are now ready for the revelation of the dead person's name.

I trust that the ones who already got OLOF in their hands, know how to adapt it to these two ideas that I have given here (even though I struggled a little bit before writing them down here, because I wanted to keep those ideas to myself...)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
All the cards are left blank except for one upon which participant has written down the name of a dead relative only they can know of. You get the vibes from the blank cards and successfully separate them from the dead card. And you are now ready for the revelation of the dead person's name.

I really like the sound of this one. It would be a good proof/confidence builder before doing a dedicated reading with the relative.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
How and when can we get this one???? The address of the website isn't coming through...
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I guess you have to be "Psychic" to figure out where to send the money!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-27 11:24, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
How and when can we get this one???? The address of the website isn't coming through...

Tom,

Your OLOF express should be arrived safely to you by now! Smile

Quote:
On 2008-10-27 12:21, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I guess you have to be "Psychic" to figure out where to send the money!

Either that or send $5 thru paypal to quattro@inrete.it putting OLOF in the message box

This is one of my tech guys paypal (I don't have a paypal account!) so you should allow some time between your transaction and when I will get your data in MY mailbox.

In other words, your OLOF file could be sent after a few minutes or after some hours... Depending on how free time to check the mail I have on a given day.

Thank you for your understanding!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 10:43, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
OLOF IS ALIVE - An impressive L&D test with blank index cards. All the cards are left blank except for one upon which participant has written down the name of a dead relative only they can know of. You get the vibes from the blank cards and successfully separate them from the dead card. And you are now ready for the revelation of the dead person's name.

I don't get a thing:how we can be sure of the side they write the name ?? cannot say more but people who got olof know what I mean
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

That's easy, PsiDroid.

After the first move (the one in fig#1) you simply give them one blank index / business card (they are all blank, so any card would do!) and you trace for them a LINE with your pen so that they know they must write the dead name above that line.

This way they are "gently forced" to write on THAT side of the card and your second move (the one in fig#2) will work as intended.

Clear enough? I hope so!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Also - this works perfectly with my Adobe 7, 8 and 9.

So if some of you have problems to open the file... Consider an UPDATE! Smile

Another question I get is -

"Do you reverse any card face up / face down while under the table?"

NO! Neither under the table and nor when the deck is in full view. There is no reversing of cards face up and no other reversing a la stripper deck. NO!

I know some people think of some Karl Fulves (but actually U.F Grant) ideas.

But that's not what I would ever sell you as my routine (altough I see more and more people happily buying old things when labeled as NEW! Smile ) and, last thing, the pdf file is 10 PAGES LONG and has 4 CLEAR PICTURES with the basic mechanics.
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Just ordered this, looking forward to taking a read.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Just finished reading this and can't wait to try this out!

Paolo has done it again. Those of you that are familiar with his material will know that Paolo's methods of deception are elegantly simple yet devilishly clever. OLOF is no exception.

As I read through the routine, I followed along with a deck of cards in hand mimicking the actions described in the effect. Continuing on, I tried to come up with different solutions to the demonstration before reading the method. Being a fan of Paolo's work, I know that what his descriptions of effects are accurately portrayed and not cleverly worded to make them sound better, so I had a bit of trouble wrapping my mind around this one.

Everything that I came up with was far too complicated and not of our mystery man's style. I finally had to go on and read the method and as I did, I grinned ear to ear like a Cheshire Cat and said out loud,"this is good stuff!"

The only thing that could possibly make this demonstration weak or just a mere puzzle is one's presentation. As simple as this routine is, you have nothing to worry about and you can focus heavily on how you present it.

Having something like this in one's arsenal is quite deadly. I think that Paolo is bordering on insanity for letting this go for only $5! If you are not familiar with Paolo's work, I implore you to allow this to be your gateway into his world.

Bravo to you Mr. Cavalli, bravo.

-rob
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I picked this up today...just fabulous! It performs exactly as it reads...

Thanks, Paolo...totally worth 5 dollars...under-priced for sure!

Not to mention the fact that I'm sure all the thinkers can come up with plenty of applications using the principle.

Nathan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
We often talk about really happens in an effect vs. what we want the audience to remember. I think someone describing Olof would say something like, “He mixed up the cards, let me mix them some more and pick my own card under the table. Then he took them back, still under the table, and started dealing the cards one at a time on top of the table until he reached one that he somehow determined was mine. He still hadn’t looked at the faces of any cards and when I checked it out it was the correct card. To top it all off, he then read my mind bit by bit and revealed the card I chose!”

Now lets assume that the listener is skeptical and tries to reverse engineer the routine.

What I expect would happen is that the other aspects elicited in such a reconstruction would serve to further disguise the method. So what Paolo has achieved is to create a situation where the more the participant recalls, the more he reinforces the impossibility of what occurred. Rather than revealing the secret behind Olof, the deeper someone digs into what actually transpired, the more likely they are to further deceive themselves and anyone they are describing the effect to!

I think this is a pretty cool concept that has a lot of applications and is quite the bargain at five bucks. Put the trick aside and this idea alone provides a lot of food for thought.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I just ordered an am eagerly awaiting it.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-27 20:37, r1z08 wrote:

Paolo has done it again. Those of you that are familiar with his material will know that Paolo's methods of deception are elegantly simple yet devilishly clever. OLOF is no exception.
Having something like this in one's arsenal is quite deadly. I think that Paolo is bordering on insanity for letting this go for only $5!

Yes, Rob, I am bordering on insanity since I give this gem away for only $5...

But, hopefully, I will soon recover from my madness! Smile

Quote:
On 2008-10-27 21:38, Bill Cushman wrote:

I think this is a pretty cool concept that has a lot of applications and is quite the bargain at five bucks. Put the trick aside and this idea alone provides a lot of food for thought.

Bill, glad you noticed that!

As a matter of fact, I gave away two other FREE routines in one of my above posts. Anyone knowing the two basic OLOF principles will figure out how to apply them to the above routines.

Also, I have two other presentations for OLOF, one being specifically for STAGE WORK only.

But I would be even crazier than what I presently am if I also gave ALL of those ideas away for $5!

They will be, in due time, expanded in some new book of mine....
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just sent my $5.00, that price is just to hard to resist!
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Yes, this is under-priced. and yes it is wonderful. Thank you for your insanity
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I received my copy, and Paolo delivers the goods. I often perform before groups of 20-50 people, and I operate off of two tables. One is lower and has more surface area than the one from which I work, and this is the one where I have my props waiting. I work off of a magician's table with a metal stand and a top that measures around 14 inches by 14 inches. I drape a black cloth with moons and stars over the top.

I said all of that to say this: I can see myself performing this in a show, not just an intimate setting, because working in a space underneath my table hidden by the cloth can add to the mystery. While Paolo strongly encourages using a borrowed deck, I might try it with one of my own regular decks -- I will have to double check to see if I actually own a regular deck, if not, does anyone know where to get one? -- and when finished, giving the deck away to the volunteer.

One of the things I truly appreciated about the effect is that it has caused me to re-evaluate how I present effects I currently do to see if there is a way I can add more mystery.

Others have already spoken of the simple, yet deceptive method. What Paolo does is take a method most of us know, and he offers a presentation that adds value to it. As we all know, secrets and methods are only part of the equation. Personally, the method has been available to me for decades, but I never bothered to contemplate how this might be used for maximum mystery.

Thanks, Paolo.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » OLOF by Paolo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL