The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Where to buy sponge for sponge bunnies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
Anyone have a source for where to buy sponge material to make your own sponge balls, bunnies, etc.?

Thanks!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is too time consuming as the trimming and shaping of the sponge into the rabbits or balls takes lots of work to get them to look appealing. Unless you have good crafting skills, purchasing them would save lots of time.
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
Thanks James. I actually have a special project that I am working on so I would need to customize a set of sponges. That is why I was looking for where to buy the sponge material. Otherwise, I agree it would be much simpler to just buy sponge balls.

Andy
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I get my sponges from the Dollar Store. A stack of a dozen sponges for a buck.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You can also get it a Fabric Store if you want white. It than be hand colored with Sharpies. Any place that sells replacement foam for cushions is good.

I have made my own bunnies for years.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Yes, the fabric store stuff is not bad, but it is not the same as the type of sponge used by Goshman and others to make sponge balls and other sponge props for magic. I have been wondering where I can find a supplier of the really light-weight, super-compressable sponge material. I have been performing a trick for Halloween that I could have really used some of this stuff for. I ended up using the white stuff from the fabric store. It is OK, but does not compress as easily as I would like. I wonder if Goshman does custom orders ? Anybody ever do something like that ?

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Where to buy sponge for sponge bunnies? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL