The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Voodoo Doll "Transitioning" Question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I've had much success with Waking Hypnosis with the Hand and Feet Sticking then transitioning to the Pendulum Swinging bit...

To the knowing here, how would I transition to the Voodoo Doll Effect while still in Waking Hypnosis? I don't want them to go into the "sleep" inductions...

I'm especially interested in the gradual "mouth closing" suggestion as you close the Voodoo Doll "mouth"...

Any help greatly appreciated... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
What I mean to ask is, is it possible to transition this way? Or do I have to put them in an eyes-closed "Sleep"-state first?

Do I just continue from the Waking Hypnosis tests and then produce the Voodoo Doll?

Thanks... Smile
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
I have done eyes open waking hypnosis voodoo effects a number of times. Do not get hung up on eye closure for hypnosis. You can get the same effects with eyes open, you just need to have the confidence to do it and the creativity to adapt your approach to waking suggestion.

Go look at suggestibility effects which are often performed with eyes open. Then think in terms of how you can adapt these into routines that lead into whatever voodoo effect you are after. If you are not familiar with how to vary suggestibility effects, I demonstrate over two dozen in my DVD set with explanations and routining.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
http://www.briandavidphillips.com
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
I just uploaded a video of my VooDoo doll routine that I have been doing for close to 14 years. I still perform it 6 nights a week in my show in Las Vegas. I bring the guys up and the first time I mention the VooDoo Doll is when you hear it in the video in a waking hypnosis state. I merely "explain" to the audience what is going to happen, and of course the volunteers hear that and accept it as an indirect suggestion from me.

I am uploading this as an example for you all to see only, and as performer etiquette, design your own knock-off version and come up with your own twist as opposed to copy mine. I would anticipate that most of you understand the reasoning to my request. Much appreciated. Smile

I do a music cue transition into the next routine of NSync, then Riverdance as I have programmed that as a callback. I use callback cues in my show for various reasons and here is an example to one being used.

Enjoy!

Marc

P.S. Some "mature" moments in the video clip, and remember, these suggestions are given from the waking hypnosis state.

Voodoo Doll Clip
http://marcsavard.net/stagehypnotistmarcsavardvideo10.html

If you want to check out some of my other stuff, check out my YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/thehypnosisschool
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Marc!!

Excellent performance! I love the idea of using a funny doll instead of a scary one.

Giovanni.
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
Really funny clip Mark made me laugh
will have to try my own spin on it.
Thanks
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks Marc and Brian for the advice! Smile

Brian, will see you in Malaysia when you're down here!

Hope to see you LIVE in Vegas soon Marc!

Still feels incredible... Only here at Café can I get world class advice in just a few days of asking!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Just saw the Clip Marc!

Fantastic!

Love it when you accidentally dropped the Doll and they all fell down following it!

Smile
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
Marc

the vodoo doll clip is great but the snake one is the killer...i actually fell out of the chair I was laughing so hard! brilliant!

I have no experience with hypnosis and I am waiting for Anthonys book Reality is plastic to arrive...and after I am able to hypnotize people I will definetly try that one Smile

haha I am still laughing!

great stuff!
andyboyhypnotist
View Profile
New user
Arbroath, Scotland
28 Posts

Profile of andyboyhypnotist
Really funny Mark, I've seen vaious spins on that but none as funny as yours.
Constantin: You will really enjoy the book and I guess you may end up carrying it
around with you as a sort of bible, (it's that good) I thought it was exellent and have used the techniques in it with great success.
Brilliant stuff Ant.
All the best.
Andy
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 04:29, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Just saw the Clip Marc!

Fantastic!

Love it when you accidentally dropped the Doll and they all fell down following it!

Smile

Oops. :-0

I actually "accidently" drop the doll every night. Lol. One of the biggest laughs in the whole show!

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 12:26, constantin wrote:
Marc

the vodoo doll clip is great but the snake one is the killer...i actually fell out of the chair I was laughing so hard! brilliant!

I have no experience with hypnosis and I am waiting for Anthonys book Reality is plastic to arrive...and after I am able to hypnotize people I will definetly try that one Smile

haha I am still laughing!

great stuff!

Yeah, the snake routine is very funny. Smile One of my favorites too. I started doing it again periodically in my Vegas show.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
Marc Savard
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
72 Posts

Profile of Marc Savard
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 16:14, andyboyhypnotist wrote:
Really funny Mark, I've seen vaious spins on that but none as funny as yours.
Constantin: You will really enjoy the book and I guess you may end up carrying it
around with you as a sort of bible, (it's that good) I thought it was exellent and have used the techniques in it with great success.
Brilliant stuff Ant.
All the best.
Andy

Thank you for the compliment Andy. Glad you liked it.

Marc
Marc Savard

www.marcsavard.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Voodoo Doll "Transitioning" Question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL