The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mismade Flag? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
226 Posts

Profile of Christo
Hi guys, (and Gals),

anybody know where I can get a Mismade Flag of "Cyprus" from?

Chris
"Humpty was pushed!!"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I wouldn't bank on getting flags other than UK, US, and Canada in a mismade.
I would take lessons from Bob Sanders and make your own set.
The main flag can be any flag from your country, The mismade would have to be fabricated..which could be sewn from several country flags.
I once made sets of mismade flags out of ripstop nylon. The US flag mismade silk screen costs and 1000 sets at a time cost around $2.50 per flag. The US flag was 1.50. When I got done, the sets ran around $8.50 plus the silks and packaging.
---------
I was selling them for $35 thru shops and my distributor.
I really can't see anyone actually producing many other countries. A good pure silk normal Canadian flag can be $50 or more. I recently bought an acetate blend for $10 on ebay to aCCOMODATE A CUSTOMER.
The Cyprus flag has mostly white, so I don't know if that effect would be powerful enough to warrant the mismade premise.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
226 Posts

Profile of Christo
Thanks for the info, (is it Ian?).

The Cyprus flag is White backround with a map of Cyprus in Yellow in the middle. I suppose if I want one bad enough, I could by a couple of flags, cut one up and do a bit of "invisible" sewing!! That WOULD be Magic!!

Chris
"Humpty was pushed!!"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Hey, its a stage or parlour effect plus you are rearranging the colors..who says it has to be printed.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
I have used a white silk and pieces of blue ribbon to "create" an Israeli Flag. Perhaps something like that could work for you.

I suppose if I was feeling particularly industrious I could make a reverse color flag.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Don't forget, if you have a RWB patriotic routine, try my Flagtastick. Red white and blue pure silks turn into a flag on a flagpole.
http://magicians.podbean.com/flagtastick/silk-flagtastick/
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I would contact Peter White at P&A Silks, I believe he does custom work.
-Matt
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
114 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
I am surprised there is a mismade for Canadian flag since it only has two colors! That has kept me away from this effect as a mismade US flag makes less sense in Canada.
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
There are other options for a mis-made silk effect besides using a flag. If you don't need to score patriotic points or prove your patriotism, use one of these:

"Mismade Merry Christmas Silk" http://www.daytonamagic.com/Kid's%20Magic/CH24.htm

"Mismade Thank-You Silk" http://www.clownantics.com/holidaymagic.shtml

Smiley Clown or Caterpillar to Butterfly silks: http://www.pasilks.com/design-silk-sets.html
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hi Ray,

There is a really good quality silk Canadian MisMade flag available here:

http://www.morrisseymagic.com/mis_made_canadian_flag.htm#1

Browsers Den in Toronto and Kind of Magic in Kitchener/Waterloo also carry it.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Frequently, I get requests for flags I don't import. I do have a suggestion for those hunting hard to find flags. Try the fixture companies that supply restaurants and department stores with decorations and fixtures. They will likely be nylon, but at least they will allow you to do a great routine for your audience.

The Canadian flag sets have been on people's want list a long time. They should go fast. If you want them, get them NOW!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Christo
View Profile
Loyal user
Cyprus
226 Posts

Profile of Christo
Thanks everyone,
I have managed to make one.

Chris
"Humpty was pushed!!"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20534 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We can supply the MisMade Flags in the 24" set with French flag.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Mismade Flag? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL