The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Frozen" by Adam Grace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
Jason Brumbalow
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of Jason Brumbalow
Ben,

Thank you for your interest. Yes we recently did drop our shipping costs across the board. Feel free to test it out.

Have a good Halloween weekend.
Jason Brumbalow

Director of Product Development, Murphy's Magic

jasonb[at]murphysmagic.com
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Jason,
Your reply to Ben was good. Would you like to reply to me as well?
Sorry for causing problems but I think I am right.

Quote:
Also with Nefesch's method you have the visual illusion of breathing cold air, which I can only imagine in a hot country would be a miracle in itself.

Thanks Ben,
That was actually mine. Smile
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2008-10-31 17:35, Titanas wrote:
Jason,
Your reply to Ben was good. Would you like to reply to me as well?
Sorry for causing problems but I think I am right.

I don't think E will bother.
Just look at BentTouchSlink..
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Well if they wont bother, I may start naming my new DVD's/Effects with names Ellusionist has already release.. Just to see if they like it.
I wont bother either Smile
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
I'm in no way associated with Ellusionists, but I think Titanas is being (un)fairly territorial here.

I see that it is unethical to duplicate other creator's method, but I don't see the big fuss about the name - especially when it's a simple word that captures the essence of the effect. Hundreds of books share the title "Physics" (because they are all about physics!), and we don't need them to each be different because they become distinguished by the author's name ("Brown's Physics") This does not inconvenience the users, and should not bother the christeners either.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
When Gregory Wilson released Freakey he asked Bob Farmer if it was okay. That is because Gregory Wilson is a gentlemen.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-11-01 12:09, Titanas wrote:
Well if they wont bother, I may start naming my new DVD's/Effects with names Ellusionist has already release.. Just to see if they like it.
I wont bother either Smile

Yes... why not?

Give me a title and around that title I will build for you a Mentalism effect... Smile Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Dear Paolo,
That would be so great if you create an effect just for me. Smile
So, lets start with Ninja Series... that would be fun and also I would like to see what you can do with such a title. Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Too easy... One of my close friends is a deep connoisseur of Japan and old Japanese traditions. He loves Japan and all of what is Japan related in any way, since he was a child.

You should see his house... Smile

So, I could get tons of info to work on...
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-10-31 14:55, Titanas wrote:
I am still wondering, they don't check the market for effect's name availability before they market something? I know its not a big deal but Nefesch effect has the same title and plays on similar plot. What I mean is that it wouldn't bother me that much if it was a different type of effect, but having both effects with the same name and same plot, I understand that the method is totally different but is a bit frustrating.

I totally understand you Titanas. Why don't you have a word with Brad?
I seriously doubt that he will do anything since the DVD's are probably already duplicated but he should have contacted you, especially for the cold air 'breathing' detail. I have Nefesch's Frozen and it is an excellent idea. It really looks like you are blowing freezing cold air.

Hey, let's use the Revolution name for a great effect instead of having it stand for a stupid coin vanish. Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Paolo,
I can't wait Smile

Silvio,
Thanks for your nice words. I am glad you enjoy the cold air breathing detail.

For now I will stop posting here because is like helping them with the buzz by keeping the thread up and active.
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
I'm so glad you guys are only being facetious, because if you were suggesting things like this in earnest it would be wrist-slitingly depressing to see magicians being that idiotic.

That said, what a silly waste of time and mental resources to go on a crusade over the name of a DVD. If you recall, for all the torches and pitchforks raised over BTS, Ben Harris himself said he didn't even care. I don't know why, but that was incredibly funny to me.

Anyway, Frozen. I'd have to learn a little more, but this could be fun for a seance.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-11-02 12:02, WolfGod wrote:
I'm so glad you guys are only being facetious, because if you were suggesting things like this in earnest it would be wrist-slitingly depressing to see magicians being that idiotic.

That said, what a silly waste of time and mental resources to go on a crusade over the name of a DVD. If you recall, for all the torches and pitchforks raised over BTS, Ben Harris himself said he didn't even care. I don't know why, but that was incredibly funny to me.

Anyway, Frozen. I'd have to learn a little more, but this could be fun for a seance.

Dude, we are not just discussing the name here. Titanas came up with a great method to simulate cold air breath coming out of your mouth.4 It looks like they (ellusionist) included that on their DVD without asking him for permission.
Perhaps you should go and do some research first before postying such a pathetic comment.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Silvio,

I do not think that this includes the blowing part in Titanas Frozen. I think this whole controversy is about the name.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-11-02 22:21, magicman4646 wrote:
Silvio,

I do not think that this includes the blowing part in Titanas Frozen. I think this whole controversy is about the name.

My comment was mainly about the blowing part. And if it is Titanas method, which I think it is, they used, it is not ok.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I do not see Titanas method in the video.
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Which Video? Frozen by Adam Grace? That's not even released yet. Or- Frozen by Nefesch which is a booklet?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
The video demo.
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
Fun fact for the people that think the name is not a big deal. Adam Grace originally named the effect Frostbite.
It has evolved into this upcoming release, but why not keep that name? Nefesch and Titanas' Frozen coin in ice effect was already out. All this is about something called respect.
But maybe Ellusionist did not know what is what because they operate out of a cave.
And cavemen are not particularly known for their manners.
But we are all just having fun here, having a laugh.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 22:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:
It looks like they (ellusionist) included that on their DVD without asking him for permission.

Oh spare me. What proof do you have of that asinine accusation? The DVD hasn't even been released yet.

Of course, far be it from me to let logic get in the way of your witch hunt.

Quote:
On 2008-11-03 02:45, Crimson-Death wrote:
All this is about something called RESPECT.

Uh huh. Has anyone actually tried asking Nefesch himself what he thinks about this? Rhetorical question.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Frozen" by Adam Grace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL