The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Frozen" by Adam Grace (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
This DVD is just waste my money......
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-12-23 04:58, Miraclemakers wrote:
This DVD is just waste my money......

Well, I don't know if it was an actual waste of money on my part. As previously mentioned the end effect is great but in my opinion definitely not worth the effort. There are so many effects at ones hands that will fry people without having to sneak off to a washroom, prepare, perform within a certain time and then, hope that it will work. Again, in my opinion, the foot rig is beyond absurd to say the least and totally idiotic. Yes, I understand the "whys" of it having to be set up that way but that does not, in my mind, justify or compensate for the end result in any way shape or form. At least what I purchased for the effect will not go to waste as I can always use it and always have. I was perhaps thinking of selling this DVD but I somehow have the feeling I'll just have to consider it a loss as at this time I have the feeling I could not give it away. But, it's certainly not the first time I've had to swallow a poor investment and I'm sure it's not the last. Hey....if it works for you and you're comfortable with it all the power to you. It's just certainly not for me. It was kind of fun to play around with but then again, so was "Silly Putty" about 50 years ago as a child when it first came out.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I'm just glad to see this thread turn into what it should have been from the start. Reviews and improvement ideas for "Frozen". I think that the arguments about E's advertising techniques should have been on a different thread, not on one called "Frozen by Adam Grace". Maybe initial problems with the trailer were OK to post here, but not pages worth of personal insults and advertising theory. I checked this thread out to get performance ideas. It took 9 pages to get there. I'm glad I stuck with it through those early pages, because some of the ideas on the last few pages were great!
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
FrenchFryNecromancer
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of FrenchFryNecromancer
I purchased Frozen as well, but I have yet to perform it because I am having difficulty with the Napkin version of the trick. In an effort to avoid giving away the secret I'm going to be purposefully vague as follows......

Is anyone else having difficulty removing the _____ from the _____ ??
I feel like I need to buy a DVD on extreme finger manipulation.
Either that or pray MC Hammer's look comes back into style real soon.

Jason
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
For any one having trouble finding the need stuff in the uk I can help. Go into Tesco and go to the computer department. ( next to dvds etc) and get the yellow tin called Fellowes. Sorted
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hi Alan ,it was really wierd that the effect was re-released just after I mailed you re this ( strange sh@t happens LOL)
Regards Mark
E.O.I
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I don't understand what you mean
Todd Bernard
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Todd Bernard
I can't believe I just read 13 pages reviewing Frozen.Smile After reading everything I've concluded that the demo was so misleading that it caused problems with customers who purchased it. The demo was so misleading that ellusionist removed the deceptful clip from the demo after several complaints. Some ellusionist people tried to come on to change peoples mind to no prevail. The effect seems like it's a hassle to perform, and most are having problems with it. Some people seem to like it, but just the napkin version. There apparently is some danger to it because you are required to misuse a chemical that warns not to misuse it. This is what I got from reading all the posts.

Well, I guess I will save my money and not throw it away on this one. Thanks everyone for helping me make an informed decision.
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
Such a disappointment. I had high hopes for this effect ever since he had teh video up on his site it 2005. Has anyone been able to make this a practical workable effect? or do the challenges outway the benefits?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
What a waste of maoney. Apart from the dvd I bought the needed stuff from the US becaus ethe ones in malta are not reversible. They cost me quite a lot.

But it's all for nothing. The prepared napkin does not last 10 mins with lots of the stuff on and sealed tight in a container and inside a cooler bag.
Yours,

Ivan
invisible
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of invisible
Sounds like a mistake releasing it that way. I wounder if he should have released the original version on his website, even if it cost and arm and leg. It least it would have worked.
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
This was not a waste of money for me.

I removed 3 stubborn warts with it.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 02:55, Magic Spank wrote:
This was not a waste of money for me.

I removed 3 stubborn warts with it.

Maybe Adams in the wrong business he should team up with a local pharmacy and bring out the “ Adam Grace Wart remover”!

LOL
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I really wished this would work for me :S
Yours,

Ivan
Adam Grace
View Profile
V.I.P.
LA, CA
149 Posts

Profile of Adam Grace
Niva,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with this...

May I offer some help so that you can get this working?

My email is adam@adamgracemagic.com

-AG
Evilstalkerhorne
View Profile
New user
USA Waterloo Iowa
70 Posts

Profile of Evilstalkerhorne
This post is about the under foot version. My only problem has been the noise. I will do the napkin one and write about it also.

Many of you who have read my other posts hear me complain about not having everything to perform illusions right out of the box. This is one of those, but I can see why so I don't have as much of an issue with it. They could have included a few things however without liability such as the tube you will need and maybe a glue gun. That is what I would have done and just added it onto the price (maybe $17 more) which is not really that bad.

I wrote adam at his link so maybe he has some suggestions about the noise.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Frozen" by Adam Grace (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL