The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Busking Contest during Magic Week In Colon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
We are very pleased to announce a new event during magic week here in Colon August 5-8th. Spearheaded by Al Angelo, we are sponsoring a 'busking' contest on Thursday and Friday August 6th and 7th. We are allowing magicians,jugglers,ventriloquists,etc. to enter and this should be a grand slam event. There will be prize money involved as well. At this moment corporate sponsorship is being lined up to enhance this project. This will draw hundreds of new folks into town as well as some excellent street performers. Rules are being finalized and details will released as they become available. Also we are pleased to announce FREE lectures by: Troy Hooser, Al Angelo, Bob Sanders, Al Bach with more to be named soon! Please mark your calendar NOW!

For more information you can PM me
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I want to thank Rick for inviting me to MC this event, and I look forward to meeting many of the friends I've met here at the magic Café. As far as I know there has never been a busking competition at a magic convention before although it is a regular part of juggling conventions, so get your street act together, come to Colon in August, and compete for some cash prizes. Rick is expecting a large tourist turnout, so remember that you will not be performing for just magicians, and all judging will be done by audience members. See you in August, and break a leg
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Al,

This time it will be much harder to break a leg. The road is fixed!

Next door to FAB, every time this year I came in and out of the shop, someone would ask me to say something and I noticed money changing hands. Then they would say something like "See, I told you he was from Alabama". What do y'all think made them say that? I'm plum puzzled.

I felt at home. On the corner by Rick's shop is the Magi Café and the menus had pictures of rabbits on them. (I ordered something else since I was visiting from out of town.) They do serve breakfast no matter what time you get home.

Magic Week in Colon is indeed a week of magic! Be there!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Wow! I cannot believe the response I am getting for this event....! More details to follow...
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Busking Contest during Magic Week In Colon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL