The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Corporate Close Up 2 - New DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Hi All,

Just received a newsletter from Russ at rsvpmagic about a new DVD "Corporate Close Up 2", which looks really awesome Does anyone know a release date yet? You can see the trailer on his rsvp site at http://www.rsvpmagic.com

Best wishes,
Sileeni
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
So is the new DVD by Martin Sanderson?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Here's a clip and contents. I have a few RSVP releases and love their style. The magic is always first rate. Real workers from Matthew Dowden, James Prince, Alex Moffat, etc.

http://www.rsvpmagic.com/corporate_close_2_vol1.html
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi evolve629,

This is a completely new project from us and doesn't feature Martin, but does have eight top workers including SHaun McCree, Harry Robson, Quinten Reynolds, Iain Moran, Barrington Powell, Derek Lever, Chris Stevenson and Andy Dean.

After Corporate Close Up 1, we had a lot of requests from magicians that wanted more information about this type of work from a practical angle and this is what this new set is really about. Apart from featuring some great routines, the magicians all discuss their different approaches to subjects such as best opening effects, pocket management, arriving at a gig, dealing with the client, how to get staff on your side, the survival Kit, table approach, dealing with people that hate magic, closing effects, plus a lot more.

More information can be found at http://www.rsvpmagic.com

Best,
Russ
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Hi russ
glad to see you are producing the top notch products we all enjoy..
are these in stock ready to be sent out mate?
cheers
matt wainwright
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
321 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Looking forward to this. One point - Derek Lever has never struck me as being on the cutting edge of corporate close up ! Will be interesting to watch.

David
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
918 Posts

Profile of Martino
Hi Russ,

You might want to change the spelling of Iain's name on your website and the trailer to the correct one before you release it!

Regards,

Martin.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
I LOVED "Corporate Close Up" with Martin Sanderson, as well as "The Business" and "Mix'n'Mingle" with Shaun McCree.

I also have "Under Fire" by Harry Robson and felt that was nothing to write home about. I won't get into the reasons why at this time but I'm sure others might feel the same way if you compare it to other projects by RSVP.

I guess I just wonder if any of this is new. Many of the effects are taught elsewhere and I have a feeling that the info offered could also be re-hash if you are not just getting into magic. I could be wrong?

It just seems like the market keeps getting these "corporate"/"restaurant"/"make a living at magic" offerings that say the same things and have the same types of effects. I certainly wouldn't need to buy these for tricks but will I hear anything new as far as the info on working the corporate market?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Iain's name has been corrected for the DVDs which are currently being replicated, with a delivery time of about 17th-19th November when all pre-orders will be shipped out. As I'm currently in London, ready to fly out to Mindvention, you'll have to wait for the corrected teaser, but you can sleep well in the knowledge that all is in hand!

I think these DVDs have a very valid place in the market at the moment and will be of interest to both pros and beginners alike. What I like about the project is that it features the opinions of eight people who obviously have different performing styles and therefore different approaches to the subjects covered.

Although there are some great tricks and ideas featured, I think this set is about much more than just the tricks.

Best,
Russ
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Really looking forward to seeing these - I've always been impressed with the other DVD's I've got from Russ - the fact that Iain Moran and Shaun McCree are featured is the icing on the cake!

Russ, this seems like a very big project and I'd be very interested in hearing how it was put together. Did you film each of the guys at their own gigs, or did you set one up yourself and get all the guys together at once?

It appears that the focus will be more on the business side of things than the tricks, which is fine by me. I must say, I think having several magicians give their views on various aspects is a great idea.

I'm going to get these as an early Christmas present to myself. Thanks Russ, looks like another great release from RSVP!

AP.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Adam,

As the project deals with things other than performance, I got all the guys together in the studio and filmed them on the same day. You're right in that the project really does concentrate on the practical side of things, but there are some live performances and tricks explained along the way too. I think that Martin Sanderson's Corporate Close Up Volume 1 featured enough tricks, but didn't go into too much detail on the other side of things. Volume 2 addresses these things.

Thanks once again Adam for your support.

Best,
Russ
immr1drfl
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of immr1drfl
Russ do you have any ideas when these dvds will be out?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 13:38, immr1drfl wrote:
Russ do you have any ideas when these dvds will be out?

On 2008-11-05 17:40, Russ Stevens wrote:

....the DVDs which are currently being replicated, with a delivery time of about 17th-19th November when all pre-orders will be shipped out.....

russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello,

Just to let everyone know, the first batch of orders for "Corporate Close Up 2" will be shipped tomorrow morning (Monday). Once again many thanks for your support and I hope you all enjoy the DVDs.

Best,
Russ
davidsira
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of davidsira
Cool can't wait Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Do the shops have this yet?

russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi Chris,

Murphys will also get their shipment sent in the morning and should have them by about Thursday/Friday, so I would guess dealers would be getting them at the beginning of next week.

Best,
Russ
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Anyone have theirs yet?

AP.
davidsira
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of davidsira
Yeh I got both volumes
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 12:01, davidsira wrote:
Yeh I got both volumes

What are they like?

Any chance of a review?

AP.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Corporate Close Up 2 - New DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL