The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Corporate Close Up 2 - New DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
davidsira
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of davidsira
They are good dvds with some great tricks on.

But I bought them for the advice more than tricks, but the advice given was more for beginners than people who want to do Corporate Close Up I throught .

I think the Corporate Close Up 1 with Martin Sanderson goes into more detail and has much more useful advice !
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1561 Posts

Profile of Futureal
So Martin Sanderson isn't actually involved in these at all? Hocus-Pocus has the product listed with his name in the title.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

For some reason the Hocus Pocus advertising is incorrect and although the DVD does feature as a bonus section, Martin's complete Ambitious Card Routine, it doesn't feature Martin at all. The magicians featured include SHaun McCree, Quinten Reynolds, Andy Dean, Iain Moran, Harry Robson and others.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Russ
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1561 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Does Quentin Reynolds talk about his teeth?

http://hownottorunadentalpractice.com/
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Very funny!

But thanks for mentioning the site. After I put it online, I forgot about it until about a year ago when a couple of magicians mentioned it to me. Since then I have had two speaking bookings from it and an enquiry to speak at a dentist's conference in 2009.
Montbeliard
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Montbeliard
Hi Russ,
I noticed that on this DVD Harry Robson teaches Gang of Four, and it's inspired me to try out this great trick. However, the cheapest I can find it for is £13.50 for 12 cards - some are even charging £20! Is it really going to cost me a minimum of £1.12 every time I do this trick?! I realise for a working pro this is just another investment, but it seems a bit extortionate.

Do you know if there's somewhere you can buy decks of these cards, or significantly cheaper packs, or am I just going to have to suck it up and realise I've been priced out of this little gem?
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
You used to be able to buy refill packs of 12 from major dealers like Hank Lee but I guess they have been discontinued now. Perhaps they will be reissued as the trick may undergo a revival due to this DVD set.

Posted: Nov 29, 2008 5:41am This is the best deal I can find - from Penguin Magic
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=4016
It retails for US$18.55 (and you can get another 10% off if you are repeat customer).
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hi Montbellard,

Yes, I think that Magicbern probably has sourced the cheapest sets of refills from Penguin Magic. Expensive each time I know, but what a great routine!

Best,
Russ
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
ACtually I bought this from Meir yedid many years ago and at that time, he was selling a pack of dozen refills for only US$7.50. Fortunately, I had the foresight to buy 2 extra packs and so have around 30 left. I like the streamlined routine on Vol 1 as well as the use of the Trevor Duffy swivel force (one of the alternative forces taught in the original booklet that came with the trick!).

I've just watched the 1st volume and it is a well-presented and thoughtful combination of solid workers tricks and sage advice from top UK pros! It reminds me a bit of the Kozmo DVD set on Restaurant MAgic in terms of its comprehensive approach to a specific branch of close-up magic.

Also to reiterate a previous point: although MArtin Sanderson isn't involved throughout the series, his excellent Ambitious Card routine is included as a bonus on Disc 1 - together with detailed explanation!

Thanks again Russ for producing this set - I am definately thinking of branching into this area and this set - together with rsvp magic's earlier offerings by Martin Sanderson (Corporate Close Up and The Business) are excellent introductions melding inspiration with information. I find the relaxed and comparatively low-key style of UK magicians (including my friend Mark Leveridge) more suited to corporate functions here in Hong Kong. The more hyper style isn't too appropriate for the business culture here in this part of the world.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Magicbern,

I'm really happy that you enjoyed Volume 1 of "Corporate Close Up 2". Our aim was to try and make these discs have information for everyone, from the beginner to the experienced professional and to also offer a range of effects as examples to some of the questions that are answered.

If you liked the other products that you mentioned, I suggest that you check out "Menu of Miracles" by James Prince, which also features some strong magic and performances that can be applied to both restaurant and corporate close up work. His "Mirrors" routine that we have an exclusive on, has now sold out again for the third time and is a great finish to any close up set.

Best,
Russ
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Magicbern, there is a review of the DVD set "Menu of Miracles" by James Prince here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111

The "Mirrors" routine that Russ refers to is here with a trailer to watch:

http://www.rsvpmagic.com/mirrors.html

I use the Mirrors in my work and the deck, changing to actual mirrors, in their hands, is a gasp getter. I used to use the Omni deck, but have found the reactions to the Mirrors, for me, more startling.

I wouldn't do a gig without them. And....you can easily slip one out of your pocket and give a glance to make sure all is perfect ( nostrils, mouth, etc. )
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Corporate Close Up 2 - New DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL