The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » More in depth with "The Envelope, Please" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blpprt
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
120 Posts

Profile of blpprt
Greetings,
In the "Magic for Dummies" book, there is a very simple, self-working trick called "The Envelope, Please" which apparently dates back to the late 1800's. Probably the original version had a different name.

The spectator shuffles a deck of cards and cuts it until he/she is satisfied. An envelope is presented which has a prediction inside. The envelope is opened by the spectator and it contains the name of the top card. I can't reveal much more without making the secret obvious.

I like the trick a lot but always look for variations and extra details to fine-tune a trick to make it as effective as possible.

If any of you are familiar with this trick, could you recommend where I can find other variations of this same concept?

Thanks,
Bob L.
tltq
View Profile
Regular user
east coast
153 Posts

Profile of tltq
blpprt
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
120 Posts

Profile of blpprt
Thanks for the thread.
Bob L.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » More in depth with "The Envelope, Please" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL