The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Greatest CD Manipulation I Have Ever Seen! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
I think the reaction of his audience says it all.
...the magic that creates Memories!
holycrikey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of holycrikey
Well, Koreans and Japanese are known for very good reactions. That being said, I really do think he is pretty awesome. The angles are pure madness, and having dabbled in a little of CD manipulation I can honestly saw, I am so totally wowed by his routine. The dynamic fast moving style may not be for everyone, but I sure did enjoy it.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
I loved watching this cd manipulation act, great stuff. I must practice more.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
"CD ATTACK!"

Awesome moves, though I did feel the climax was a bit weak. I guess I was anticipating a giant CD from nowhere, or something surprising - but the climax seemed to only repeat an effect from midway thru the routine.

Also, I think all magic performances should end with a giant hug, as in this clip.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
oso2you
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
128 Posts

Profile of oso2you
Waaaay to fast for my taste. Looks more like juggling to me. He is obviously talented.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Size changes kills me!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
trickychaz
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
549 Posts

Profile of trickychaz
To fast for me! Good Talent
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2491 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Its not my type of magic an I LOVED it.. good share thanx

ALan
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Very visual and flashy! But his moves are way to fast for me. But the audience seemed to love him and that is all that counts folks!

Chad
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2581 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Re the comment that's arisen here in a few posts...'way too fast'.

I've never really liked card minip routines that went at such a pace that it wasn't possible to follow what was supposed to be happening. The kind of routine where you can see that something magical is probably happening, with the cards popping up here there and everywhere, but the overall impression is that of a flurry of moves resulting in something happening with the cards. vernon's adage of 'confusion isn't magic' certainly applies to manip acts. And it isn't just the speed at which such routines are performed that creates a problem; it also has to do with the absence of; pauses, pace change, punctuation points for focus, applause cue points, etc.

This guys act had none of these short comings.

Sure the act was fast paced, but it was always clear what was happening and what each magical segment consisted of. There was even a nice change of pace and mood and music during the size change of the sigle cd.

I thought it was an excellently executed and constructed performance piece and wonder at what kind of performance those that think this was 'too fast' would find entertaining.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2879 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
At the 2008 World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas, several card manipulation acts from the far East were very similar to the CD act. Absolutely incredible. Card fan productions from between the fingers that were incredible. Multiple color changes. Even full card deck multiplications in the case! When I watched these manipulation performances, they are at a performance standard basically unknown to U.S. magicians. I was glad to see the one card act won at the IBM/SAM combined convention. Pure magic as far as I am concerned, just fantastic stuff.
surryhills
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
149 Posts

Profile of surryhills
That's just awesome.
I love his show.
And I don't think its to fast.
magicbillk
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of magicbillk
To be honest, this video doesn't do Han justice. They cut out a lot of his routine and the camera angles are fast and choppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IApJGNEuE3Y

This is the way to watch him. He's elegant, fast, and one HELL of a phenomenal manipulator. If you liked the other video, make sure to check this one out.

I have a competition routine that uses CDs, and all I can say is that I hope to never have to go up against him! He is truly a pioneer in what can be accomplished with CDs.

-Bill

PS- The one downside of his act is that his music is CONTAGIOUS! I can't stop whistling it in my head! *shaking head*
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." -Dunninger

www.magicbillk.com
whateverisisright
View Profile
Regular user
Savannah, Georgia
132 Posts

Profile of whateverisisright
As others have said, I am not a fan of CD manipulation either - it's just never caught my eye - but THAT was impressive. Very entertaining.
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1043 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
How old is he? Wasn't so sure about the dancing ;p but everythign else was pretty swish. And I think it was difficult to judge the pace of the routine due to the way it was filmed, just a little bizzare.
x
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Absolutely amazing!
I was highly entertained watching him!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of martin1025
Incredible! It was great to see something quite different.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of wally
Jeff lee is the best cd manipulator, look on youtube.
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
He's excellent. Too fast for my liking though.
Ryan930
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Ryan930
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Greatest CD Manipulation I Have Ever Seen! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL