The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need a copper/silver coin but gold/silver. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
I'm a working on an international three fly and I'm in need of a copper/silver coin but instead of an English penny on one side I need something gold. Does anybody know if these are already on the market, and if so where I can get them? Worse comes to worse I can get it custom made, but I was just curious if they're out there.

Thanks.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Don't think so. You will probably have to get it made. You could check Schoolcraft, I'm sure he could make what you need.

And welcome to the Café. Smile -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I would think the reason you don't see too many of these is due to the contrast of the coins..

I feel that there may be little contrast between the two in certain lighting conditons... as they will both remain reasonably shiny with age..

The impact of the change may not be as much.

just a thought...

Shawn
Shawn.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
MagicMakers produces a copper silver in gold/silver:

http://www.shopmagicvault.com/Gold-and-Silver_p_12-647.html

Unlike many of MagicMakers items, these aren't too bad. They aren't Johnsons, or even Tangos... but they are decent. I would equate them to Sterling or Sasco brands.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
Look for Midas Spellbound...
Deckless Wonder
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Try going to a jeweler to see how much he would charge you to gold plate it electronically.
juggernaut187
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of juggernaut187
Excellent replies. I never thought of taking a coin to a jeweler. I'll have to look into that. I'll probably just end up buying the Gold and Silver coins from Magic Makers.

Thanks again for the replies!
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I bought the gold and silver set on ebay for $10. It appears to be new. I see ebay stores selling it for $20. It is the same coins you get in hopping halves sun and moon set, only with very shiny gold and silver coins. The coins are made to look like old Roman coins. Not a bad set. The coins are a little larger than half dollar size but not dollar size.
Kelvin
Pastor Mickey
View Profile
New user
Colorado
97 Posts

Profile of Pastor Mickey
Roy Kueppers makes a nice one. It's a Susan B. Anthony Dollar and a US Quarter. Color's are right. Don't know it that's what you're looking for. http://www.roykueppers.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Need a copper/silver coin but gold/silver. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL