The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » American DVD`s (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nick vassil
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of nick vassil
Can you watch American-made DVDs in Japan? Until recently, l thought DVDs were compatible worldwide but since then heard otherwise.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Lots of DVD's are Region coded. This mainly applies to movies. Most of the magic DVD's that I have or have seen say that they are NOT region coded. If a DVD is region coded it will only play in a DVD player that has the correct region codec chip installed. I hope this is what you were after.
Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
Hi Nick

The Region code of American-Made DVD is No.1, but Japanese one is No.2. Therefore, we can watch only No.2 and Region-Free made DVD on Japanese DVD player.

Koji(Have you got the good JP magicians videos in Tokyo?)
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
I've got a computer nerd friend who says it only takes a couple of minutes to reset the player to play any encoded DVD.

Obviously I don't worry about it - if it's not made in America - to heck with it!

Dave
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The DVD Reviewer Website contains instructions on how to alter many DVD players in order to play DVDs from multiple regions.

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
My Bill Malone and Palms of Steel 2 DVDs work just fine on my parents' Japanese DVD player. And in some of the bigger magic shop (i.e. Ton Onosaka's Magic Land and Shigeo Futagawa's Magic House) sell American magic DVDs, so they should be compatible in Japan.

The bigger problem you need to watch out for are the burned DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs and DVD+R magic videos. A lof of the older DVD players have trouble with those.

K.C.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » American DVD`s (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL