The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Universal Impression versus Al Straker's impression device (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Thank you for your interest goldeneye007. Al is right for both products. Also, if you are a 'do it yourself kinda guy' I give instructions on how to construct the markers, so no further gimmicks ever need to be purchased.

Best
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1806 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for your answers gentlemen ! Smile

Ben
Ben
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
Write of Passage offers really deceptive peek methods using playing cards and business cards, as well as very effective constructions of Notepad/Post-it gimmicks that can be handled casually by the spectator. Inspiration and credit dues are given where needed.
Mr. Straker's particular choice of gimmick would be my choice when using playing cards and business cards, and of course the very common, ordinary post-its. Word writing is not an issue for me when using these, as their size limit what the spectators "write" or draw without things blending together. Use birthdays, signs, playing cards, shapes, numbers. I really enjoyed reading the manuscript and the tips and peek methods here. I really, really love the peek methods.
Mr. Robertson's U.I. is also an enjoyable offer, which supplied me with further useful tips on pattern and presentations, I particularly liked the one where a spectator reads her friend's mind and very openly "divines" the thought of card. That is powerful. I really liked the business card wallet idea, and will work on my own modification to it to see if it works for an even more deceptive peek based on WOPassage, and the U.I. gimmick is perfect here for more complex words and drawings. Why not use a perfect center tear and peek like Mr. Osterlind does? I just have really bad eyesight even with prescription glasses and cannot properly and quickly do the work. Further, I don't even touch the paper, they keep it and send it telepathically. Also, I will try Wayne Houchin's Stigmata now with more confidence. I also liked the Notepad ideas in U.I. and will use it with a smaller pocket pad and the U.I. gimmick, combining it with the peek method used by Mr Straker for his Ultra Pad.

All in all, excellent products and new techniques for me, being previously unfamiliar with these devices and their advantages.

Thank you gentlemen for your methods.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1271 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I have UI and I like it but I realy want the other one too!!!

Where can I buy Al Straker's impression device?

Thanks,

:)
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Yes, I would also like to know where to buy Al's. Anyone know?
-Vlad
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Hey all, thanks for all the interest. WOP has had a few hold ups in preparing for release but I will let everyone know on this thread when it goes live.

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1119 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2008, Hill wrote:
Al's is a first class device, conceived by an adept thinker and a skilled performer. He's honest, acts with fine integrity, and stands by his creation. Excellent handlings and routines came with it, indicative of usage in the real world.

Teds partisan interjection here is disappointing. I would comment on UI, but it has not arrved, having been ordered about three weeks ago. All other dealings with papcrane have been excellent. In this case however Ted, I think you should have left the commentary to Robert Smith and Al Straker, who clearly have a great deal of respect for one another and their respective creations.

After receiving many requests recently, I have decided to re-release "Write of Passage" as a stand alone e-book product. Originally this was included with the Sniper Pad release as a bonus so anyone who bought my Sniper Pad will already have this as part of the package they received.

Write of Passage is an e-book fully explaining how to construct and use a suite of 4 highly practical imp......n & peek devices (arts and crafts required!). It has been reviewed in the past, please do a search to see other feedback. They are contained within different common items we all use in performance already - deck of cards (not the box), post it pad, stack of index or business cards, and notepad. Full details of handing are given and the peeks taught are ALL highly deceptive.

This is a private sale that will be directly supplied my be and I am pricing at $10 this to make it accessible to as many as possible (Matt Mello style). It is an e-book that will be delivered via email.

Please PM me if you would like a copy for yourself.
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Universal Impression versus Al Straker's impression device (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL