The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for a trick - card facing up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chidzuyo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of chidzuyo
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any gimmicked cards that work like this -

throw 3 cards up, and 1 will land facing up, while the other 2 face down.

Thanks. =)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It can be done with regular cards. The trick is called "luck." Smile
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Double backs and double faces may help you.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Don't know any exactly like that.
But the one I thought of when I read the subject was the Brainwave Deck.
Here's the basic description: Spectator freely names any card. A deck is removed from a box, spread out and only one card in the face-down deck is face-up. It is the spectator's chosen card.
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
James just gave you the best idea.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 20:59, chidzuyo wrote:

Thanks. =)

Are you a magician?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 15:13, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 20:59, chidzuyo wrote:

Thanks. =)

Are you a magician?

It never occured to me that he has only 2 posts.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
That is why I was being careful.
chidzuyo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of chidzuyo
Hi, thanks for the replies.

Actually I'm thinking of a way to force the audience to choose something that I want them to choose (out of like 3 options), but in a way that look it was totally random.

I could use the magician's choice, but that seems to look like it could be easily figured out.

It doesn't have to be that "card facing up" thing. It's something I thought of and am wondering if it exists or can be done. I need a way to force a "pre-determined outcome in a random looking unsuspicious method" (along the lines of choosing 1 thing out of 3).

Reason why I'm looking for ways to do this, is because I'm planning a trick that will correspond to the "choice". And I need a random looking effect to "force" that choice. So it could be any method at all.

Hope this clarifies. Appreciate any advise. Thanks!
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
If you do it correctly, spectators will not "figure out" magician's choice.
chidzuyo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of chidzuyo
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 22:14, abc wrote:
If you do it correctly, spectators will not "figure out" magician's choice.

Yap ok thanks.

I'm trying to think of other "random" effects. Because the trick I'm planning afterwards may cause the audience to question whether I've already knew the choice. I'm trying to eliminate the questionable portions so that it can be better. =)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
It is in the presentation. Anything that is unimportant to the audience stays unnoticed. The action of forcing a card using sleight of hands, magician's choice or gaffed cards will not bring out any suspicion during or afterwards.

The important thing is to play up the effects and let the outcome of the effect registers. The audience will string up the actions and conclude that it is magic in some way provided the forcing of the objects and presentation is done well.

It is actually easy to lead to audience to believe in the outcome. Presentation is the key.
chidzuyo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of chidzuyo
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 22:50, JamesTong wrote:
It is in the presentation. Anything that is unimportant to the audience stays unnoticed. The action of forcing a card using sleight of hands, magician's choice or gaffed cards will not bring out any suspicion during or afterwards.

The important thing is to play up the effects and let the outcome of the effect registers. The audience will string up the actions and conclude that it is magic in some way provided the forcing of the objects and presentation is done well.

It is actually easy to lead to audience to believe in the outcome. Presentation is the key.

Hi, thanks very much for your reply. I agree with you and understand the importance of presentation. Regardless, I'll still wish to explore alternatives and make an illusion more puzzling.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Why not try out the double backs and faces. Instead of throwing up in the air, why not place them in a box or container and shake them. This way you will have less angle problem.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
For a very random way of choosing a card try using a one-way forcing deck and a brown paper bag.
chidzuyo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of chidzuyo
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 01:45, JustLoco wrote:
For a very random way of choosing a card try using a one-way forcing deck and a brown paper bag.

Thank you!

Actually I've been looking around and I found way the thing to do this.

The F bag.

Haha...

Thanks for the inputs, everyone!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Looking for a trick - card facing up? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL