The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Storing Your Gear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krissheppard
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of krissheppard
Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this topic has been posted elsewhere.

I was just wondering how some of you store/organize all your magic props.
I mainly do close-up magic and right now I have all of my stuff just sitting in a large duffle bag.

I look forward to hearing what people have to say regarding this issue.

--
Kris Sheppard — designer and magician
http://www.krissheppard.com
Successful Performercast
www.successfulperformercast.com
The show that interviews one professional performer per week with the goal of inspiring & equipping those who are working to go full-time themselves.

Kris Sheppard — delightfully clever magic
www.krissheppardmagic.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Here's a topic that discusses storage of close-up props

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=34&11

Do a search and you'll find other similar discussions about different kinds of cases.
krissheppard
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of krissheppard
Thanks for the feedback, James, I suppose this could work out nicely and it would make transportation easy.

I guess what I'm really asking is if anyone has worked out a system of storage at home for their props and apparatus that they're not using.

I suppose I could use something like that rig, and it is pretty impressive. But it just wouldn't make sense to me if I wasn't lugging all kinds of stuff around.

--
Successful Performercast
The show that interviews one professional performer per week with the goal of inspiring & equipping those who are working to go full-time themselves.

molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
There is a whole section of the Café dedicated to this topic:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......=34&5870

Michael
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Kris, if you are talking about a storage system at home, then the system is very individual as everyone will have different preference for storing their props.

In my case there are cabinets, boxes, cases and travelling cases - labelled according to categories. I make them stackable too. That way I can add on whenever I want.

As for travelling cases I have complete sets of props in each - some props I will have spares so they can be in other cases too. I don't like to leave home with a case with one prop that is needed and it is not there because it is in another case.

Kris, you can develop your own system that is suitable for you.

Hope this helps.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Storage is one of the hardest parts of magic for me. I am always trying to simplify my props but it seems I always have a big collection of gaffs that I don't use everyday, but that I want to have on hand. Let us know if you find some good ideas.
Gill Rogers
View Profile
New user
Little Rock, AR, USA
61 Posts

Profile of Gill Rogers
I have a friend who has been doing magic for 20+ years and he has put together a Craftsman toolchest/rolling cabinet combo that he swears by. I don't have enough stuff to know personally, but it seems like a good idea. Comes in two pieces, one of which is a tool chest that can be carried by itself, and the cabinet portion has rollers. He can either carry his performance material for a small show in the chest, or bring both cabinet and chest together and have all of his stuff.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I use a combination of a couple of rolling tool chests and a set of utility shelves for storage of props. Books and videos go in a book case.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
krissheppard
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of krissheppard
Thanks everyone for all your input. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

--
Successful Performercast

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Storing Your Gear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL