The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Another - "Identify these cups" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
If anyone can help identify these cups, I would appreciate it. I tried looking through the Museum and didn't come up with a match. I keep thinking they are Mikame's. The insides of the cups are not smooth so they grab sponge balls pretty good.

Thanks for your help.....

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/7/7/9/5......09_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/7/7/9/5......31_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/7/7/9/5......54_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/7/7/9/5......69_o.jpg
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
They look like Mikame Cups to me also. Are they chopped?

Bill
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I think those are Mikame cups.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Those sure match the older sets of Mikame that I am familiar with ...including the bag.
Mobius
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Thank you for all the input.. I am pretty sure they are not chopped (in response to Bill's question above), but I will check them again this evening in case my memory is trying to trick me....

James
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Are those really Mikame cups? Any confirmation?
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Quote:
On 2008-11-05 16:26, James Kernen wrote:
Thank you for all the input.. I am pretty sure they are not chopped (in response to Bill's question above), but I will check them again this evening in case my memory is trying to trick me....

James


I have (2) sets of Mikame Cups in my collection.
One set has all cups chopped with a different shape than is pictured, the other set is three regular cups shaped as in your photo, both sets are wood.

Bill
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
This means the pics shows the Mikame regular cups?
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Hello James,
That is what I am thinking. If I could hold them I would know for sure. Smile
I will get mine out this evening and compare them to the photos.

By the way James, long time no talk to.

Bill
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Hello Bill,

Yes, its been some time. How are you? Hope everything is well with you and the family.

Will be waiting for your confirmation whether the pics are Mikame rgular cups. I am curious about it too.
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
I did check the cups this morning, and the ones I have pictured above are definitely not chopped....

I have another wood cup that I think is a Mikame (perhaps wishful thinking) that is chopped... Pictures to follow soon....

James
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
To the best of my knowledge the Cup pictured above is not a Mikame Cup.
I have never seen a Mikame Cup with the ridges or grooves between the mouth and shoulder beads. Perhaps another source of information will shed additional light on this. For now I say not Mikame.

Bill Sutter
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 16:03, BSutter wrote:
To the best of my knowledge the Cup pictured above is not a Mikame Cup.
I have never seen a Mikame Cup with the ridges or grooves between the mouth and shoulder beads. Perhaps another source of information will shed additional light on this. For now I say not Mikame.

Bill Sutter



I am betting you are right.... hence my wishful thinking.... It is thicker than most of the Mikame's I have handled... I don't know who made it though....

James
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
It may be one of the ones made in Cambodia.
Nope, just checked, and I do not think it is made by Khin of Cambodia

Bill
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1303 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Viking Henshen Cherry wood cups ...rare set.
There was a set of 4 cups like this at one time maybe 15 sets made with solid cup and one chopped cup. Very nice feel and look to them. They did not have a hallmark on the inside of the cup because they made a stand for the set with a plaque saying what hey were.
There were not sold seperatly but as a set. Perhaps the person you got this single cup from lost the others.
Mobius
James Kernen
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
160 Posts

Profile of James Kernen
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 16:41, Mobius303 wrote:
Viking Henshen Cherry wood cups ...rare set.
There was a set of 4 cups like this at one time maybe 15 sets made with solid cup and one chopped cup. Very nice feel and look to them. They did not have a hallmark on the inside of the cup because they made a stand for the set with a plaque saying what hey were.
There were not sold seperatly but as a set. Perhaps the person you got this single cup from lost the others.
Mobius


That's pretty neat.... It actually came into my local magic shop as a used item a couple of years ago by itself, and I just liked it... It came with two crocheted balls but no bag....

James
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Regarding the first set of photographs (at the top of the page).
As best as I can tell they are Mikame regular cups. My sets of Mikame Cups did not come with a bag. One set is in a red cardboard box with balls, my Double Bead Set came in a white cardboard box with the Mikame stamp on it and (2) sets of working balls.

Regards,
Bill Sutter
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Bill Sutter. Now we know those are Mikame cups.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 16:41, Mobius303 wrote:
Viking Henshen Cherry wood cups ...rare set.
There was a set of 4 cups like this at one time maybe 15 sets made with solid cup and one chopped cup. Very nice feel and look to them. They did not have a hallmark on the inside of the cup because they made a stand for the set with a plaque saying what hey were.
There were not sold seperatly but as a set. Perhaps the person you got this single cup from lost the others.
Mobius


It could also be that the person who turned the cups for V-H also turned some regular sets.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Another - "Identify these cups" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL