The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who are these people that... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
...just show up in here that are not new comers? People with 200, 300 posts? I ain't complaining, I have just always thought it odd. I pretty much stick to 3 or 4 forums here, but it seems like these guys are everywhere.

Once again, I am not complaining, by any means. If anything, It adds a little flavor.

kevin
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3234 Posts

Profile of gaddy
You'd think if someone has 2- or 3 thousand posts I would have run into their words at some point, talking about magic...

---before hearing them chime in, here, about global warming or "no politics, just about the US vote" type threads...

Yet there are quite a few, so I agree it IS quite odd.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I personally believe they evolved from Elite members but others argue strongly they were created.

Destiny
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Some of them might have changed their "handles" on the board.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 04:32, plasticdestiny wrote:
I personally believe they evolved from Elite members but others argue strongly they were created.

Destiny

:rotf: Smile Smile
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 04:27, gaddy wrote:
You'd think if someone has 2- or 3 thousand posts I would have run into their words at some point, talking about magic...

---before hearing them chime in, here, about global warming or "no politics, just about the US vote" type threads...

Yet there are quite a few, so I agree it is quite odd.

Are you saying that you've encountered users with 2-3000 posts that don't talk about magic?

Quote:
On 2008-11-06 03:47, kcg5 wrote:
...just show up in here that are not new comers? People with 200, 300 posts? I aint complaining, I have just always thought it odd. I pretty much stick to 3 or 4 forums here, but it seems like these guys are everywhere.

Once again, I am not complaining, by any means. If anything, It adds a little flavor.

Kevin, no offence but you seem to be contradicting yourself...You say they are "just showing up in here," but then you say, "it seems like these guys are everywhere."
In any case many fine magicians frequent these boards daily and don't post that much. Someone with low post count may have been around longer than you think.
But seriously, why is it odd to want to talk about things outside the 'magic' arena with folks who might have similar interests?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Put the name in the search and trace them back...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 03:47, kcg5 wrote:
...just show up in here that are not new comers? People with 200, 300 posts? I aint complaining, I have just always thought it odd. I pretty much stick to 3 or 4 forums here, but it seems like these guys are everywhere.

kevin

Do you just go to the same three or 4 stores in the mall?

This place is like a giant amusement park; you need to wonder around to see how everything works. I like to visit many different forums here. Sometimes, I just stop by for a hit-and-run, but I like to see what’s happening around the Café. (But mostly I like to hang around here in this part of the café, mainly because I try to keep my post count from rising.)

It's like the gym...some people just do aerobics, some just the free weights, some just the machines, etc. But they are all paying for 100% use of the joint, so I say make the rounds and play with everything, even if it's just once.

Have a cup on me!

:coffee:
ryansmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Reading, PA
147 Posts

Profile of ryansmagic
For me, a guy with very few posts. I am a lurker. I visit the site a few times a day, tend to post in the "so happy together" and "not very magical" areas, but if I read something and I think I can add to it, I will post. Otherwise, I just read.
Ryan Parsons
[email]ryanparsons@comcast.net[/email]
http://www.magicformiracles.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 07:49, LukeB wrote:
Are you saying that you've encountered users with 2-3000 posts that don't talk about magic?

:jump:
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I must confess that most of my posts are wisecracks of one kind or another. I hope you all find them at least mildly amusing some of the time.

I do try to occasionally post a bit about magic when I have a little confidence about the subject, but being an amateur I'm really more of a consumer than a supplier here.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
This is kind of a one sided record of members, being only our post are recorded and not how many post we read. There are so many magicians here that know more about magic than I will ever be able to even absorb. It is rare that anything I could post about magic would be more valuable than the post by these masters of magic.

This forum however is one of opinions and that is something I have plenty of but I also enjoy reading others opinions, it broadens my perspective and gives insight into the nature of all people.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
My goodness. If the Café recorded something like "hours spent reading the Magic Café" and averaged it with the length of membership, my wife and son and most of you would recommend my seeking help from mental health care professionals.

I hate post counts. I'm not sure why all internet forums have them, and why they set up rankings. Active members would, in time, know who is who and who posts a lot and who doesn't and who is full of kaka and who isn't. The post count just inspires some very shallow people to post stuff just for the sake of...well...I'm not sure.

Once I tried to satirize this effect when I was approaching 500 posts. I asked people in THIS forum to post stuff for me to respond to in OTHER forums. But only one or two people got the joke.

Of course, unfunny jokes are hard to get.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3234 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 04:32, plasticdestiny wrote:

Destiny

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Funiest! Response! Ever!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
How bout instead of post count we post our
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2008-11-06 12:36, stoneunhinged wrote:
My goodness. If the Café recorded something like "hours spent reading the Magic Café" and averaged it with the length of membership, my wife and son and most of you would recommend my seeking help from mental health care professionals.

I hate post counts. I'm not sure why all internet forums have them, and why they set up rankings. Active members would, in time, know who is who and who posts a lot and who doesn't and who is full of kaka and who isn't. The post count just inspires some very shallow people to post stuff just for the sake of...well...I'm not sure.

Once I tried to satirize this effect when I was approaching 500 posts. I asked people in THIS forum to post stuff for me to respond to in OTHER forums. But only one or two people got the joke.

Of course, unfunny jokes are hard to get.

Word!
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Well at least, to a point, this thread has achieved what I wanted; a few of these people to post, and see what they think about it.

LIke luke b. Where did he come from?

luke, to address your comment "But seriously ,why is it odd to want to talk about things outside the 'magic' arena with folks who might have similar interest's?"-- It isn't odd at ALL. that's not the point.

I can see it in the workers, ect forums, where people might hang around reading, but to me "not very magical" wouldnt be much fun if you didn't post...

kevin

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Kevin, it just occurred to me that you might not understand one of the little "things" that happens here at the Café. Sometimes someone starts a thread in another forum--say, the kiddy forum--and it is so completely off topic that a moderator moves it here. These threads are easy to notice, once you are aware of the phenomenon. All of the sudden a thread appears with fifteen posts from people who otherwise NEVER post in the Not Very Magical forum...that's because it's a thread that started elsewhere.

Could this be what you are talking about?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Jeff, in some strange way that may be it.

A question for Luke-how did you find this thread? why did you click on this thread?

I AM CURIOUS.

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Jeff hits a target!!! Pitooey! *clang*
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Who are these people that... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL