The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » 2008 Linking Ring Awards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Gorman
View Profile
New user
Cary, North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Mike Gorman
ROGER WAY GETS IBM INTERNATIONAL AWARD
Ring 199 Vice President, Roger (Skip) Way has just received "The Linking Ring Award of Excellence" for his article on "Planning the Perfect Lecture" which was published in the January 2008 Linking Ring (on page 60)!

This prestigious award was only given to three others this year and Skip is in good company with Richard Hughes, Sterling Dietz, and Dr. John Booth! It’s a big honor that is bestowed on deserving authors by The Linking Ring Awards Committee.

Two other categories of awards were also given out to 6 others and the award details are on page 52-53 in the November Linking Ring!

Roger is a frequent 'poster' on The Magic Café and coordinates the MYI corner here too! CONGRATULATIONS ROGER!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7346 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thanks for the post MIke. I had not had time to read the LR yet which is not the norm. Just a lot of rush jobs to get out.

Surpising to say the least. I think Skip and I fall in the mid range with Dr. Booth at the upper end and Sterling at the younger end. I am honored.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
As am I to be considered with such as Richard, Sterling and and Dr. Booth. Thank you, Mike and thank you, Sammy.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Congrats Skip and Dick. Dr Booth is an Inspiration to us all as well.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings,

I would like to add my congratulations and kudos to those who have won this prestigious award.

Keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
MagicianSilver
View Profile
New user
Lynden, Washington
50 Posts

Profile of MagicianSilver
Congratulations to Roger,
He probably wasn't able to use the award to impress his high school English teacher like I was. I missed over 45 days of school because of magic, so I have to use everything I can to appease the school god's. As magicians, the true success comes in our ability to communicate with our audience, be it with the skill of the presentation, or the clarity of the pen. I am proud to have recieved this award, and give thanks to those who bestowed it upon us. Again, congratulations Roger, I enjoyed your very articulated article.
"If you're not living on the edge. Then you are taking up too much space.
www.MagicSterling.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
And to you, Sterling. You continue to impress us all in countless ways! Bravo! As long as there are young men and women like yourself, old coots like Richard, Mike and I can relax knowing that our beloved Arts are in very safe hands. Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7346 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Shucks Sterling, Roger and my high school English teachers probably are not even around anymore. When we went to school it was so long ago that the dictionary was only 50 pages long.

Keep up your school work though. It will pay the bills when the magic doesn't.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MagicianSilver
View Profile
New user
Lynden, Washington
50 Posts

Profile of MagicianSilver
Dictionary??? Whats that?? lol Not to worry, I have maintained honor role status all four years, just to keep my options open.
"If you're not living on the edge. Then you are taking up too much space.
www.MagicSterling.com
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 20:17, hugmagic wrote:
When we went to school it was so long ago that the dictionary was only 50 pages long.
Richard

Heck, Richard...I remember when wanting to find some obscure fact or plagiarizing a report meant riding your bike 5 miles to the public library...in a snowstorm...without shoes...in the dead of, well, okay...it was daylight. But still...! Smile

Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
456 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Hey Skip - Sterling - and Richard !

Congratulations for excellent contributions and an award well deserved.

Since John doesn't visit the forum, I'll have to congratulate him later.

Bill
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Sterling never ceases to amaze me. We will be hearing his name for a long time I believe. Good going guys.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » 2008 Linking Ring Awards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL