The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dead Ringer Spirit Bell (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Thanks for those that PMed me, You guys are tops in my book!

I really LOVE the way this thing LOOKS! It looks just as if it has been hidden since the 1930's.

Oh yea, that smell! ..... I love it! LOL

Ray
Daston
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Daston
Holy Cow! OMG, I can't believe the craftsmanship that went into this remarkable idea (Dead Ringer). I am truly amazed. I thought I would turn the base over and see a battery compartment but the cleverness of hiding everything is REMARKABLE! Even the seam is almost invisible.

I have Whitestar and I purchased a penny dated 1910 along with a change purse that looks to be from around that era at our local antique shop to use as my marker items. I am planning a dinner party for the evening of April 14th and have ordered the Titanic cookbook so I can serve "the last meal" on the ship. My wife has no clue what will take place after dinner nor that I have purchased the bell. She has seen the photographs (front side only) from Whitestar and knows I am looking for a box to keep the items in so now I am working on a plan to have her visit the antique store with me where I will simulate purchasing "dead ringer" with the manager playing along.

The BOX is perfect and I will pretend to be surprised finding the bell inside adding it might make a nice "dinner bell" for the dinner. I am also looking for the music CD "sinking of the titanic" to play while performing Whitestar. If anyone has ever listened to that music before you know what an ideal effect this will provide for the evening! I am also inviting a reporter from our local newspaper and plan on doing some closeup magic before dinner hoping to promote myself as a magician in our area. Actually, we don't have one and since things have been slowing down at work, my wife and I think it is a great idea. I used to work in a magic shop and the owner would often tell me I used to much "overkill" but I always looked at it like I was taking the effect to it's next level and it often made me feel more comfortable while performing.

I have to say most of these ideas came from reading the threads and you guys are tremendous in sharing ideas and thoughts. I never really had a favorite website until NOW!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Daston,
Lets us know how the evening works out!

I was thinking that an OLD pocket watch could be cool as a pendulum to do other effects along with the Dead Ringer.

Ray
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1223 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
You know, this looks like a beautiful and effective prop. I've been considering purchase for months. The only thing that is making me hesitate is RooMan's comment (in an otherwise very positive review) that there is a slight clicking noise when it is working. Has anyone else heard this? I perform for small groups, sometimes only one or two, and I'm concerned about any noise in close-up environments. Could any owners comment on that? If the sound is normal, is it a concern for anyone? (In the scenario I am considering, I would probably be talking softly as the bell began to ring.) Thanks, guys.

Seth
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

I don't hear any clicking.

Ray
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Mine clicks for sure. I even wrote Tim about it. He said he could put away a super quiet one if I wanted. Other have said that it will go away. I have had it a few weeks and mine still clicks. I also perform for small groups, so this was a concern for me as well. Also you will need to adjust the bell for best performance. PM me if you like for details. I am still up in the air on what to do. I think I will have to send it back to have Tim send me a quiet one. The effect and look of it is fantastic though.However when the bell rings you cannot hear any clicking as the ringing will mask it. Hope that helps.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1223 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
That actually does help a lot, and I appreciate it, both of you. Thanks.

Seth
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
934 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Glad it helped. I talked to Tim, and he is shipping me out a quiet one. Great service!!
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
No clicking at all from mine, totaly silent, even when a microphone is placed by it in larger room.
However it is critical were you place the crystal bell, that has to be placed very specificly, in a certain area for it to work properly, - so you cannot re assemble the bell "Live", it must be done Preshow, that way you know you have set it up just right and ready to ring.

Steve
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I've been considering purchase it too, the only thing that still hold me is the crystal bell.

Tim, In case of accident, can be order a spare crystal bell?
It's easy to replace?

I travel frequently overseas with my Props and I'm a little concern about it.

Thanks!
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
284 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I have a bunch of replacement bells on hand ready to ship. The bells simple hang on a hook, so yes they are very easy to replace. We can set you up with an extra bell so that you can have it on hand.

Tim Wisseman
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
If Tim or Paul are reading this - who did the video for the Dead Ringer and, specifically, do you know who made the photo of Houdini's wife with the dead ringer at the bottom of the table? If so, I would absolutely love to get a copy/file of that picture!

Feel free to pm me!
Thanks!
Chad
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
I am now the very proud owner of Tim's Spirit Bell - Dead Ringer and it is an amazing piece of magick!

I have to admit that when I saw and heard that bell ring for the very first time it was a beautful thing!!! A very large grin formed on my face as I knew I now owned an amazing piece of magick that was different than anything else I have ever experienced!

The ideas, routines and usage just got stronger and stronger every time the bell rang. What a beautiful effect Tim has created and the craftsmanship is just breathtaking. The box, papers and the elegant little glass bell makes it a bizarre masterpiece to the tenth degree!

As a working bizarrist, I can honestly say that this is by far the most amazing spirit bell I have ever seen. Nothing else even comes close. I can't wait to add it into my act as soon as possible.

Tim, this effect of yours is absolutley amazing in every way.

I would like to add that I finally had a chance to meet Tim for the first time at Hocus-Pocus last week when I was lecturing there and both he and Paul are amazing dudes!!! Absolutely wonderful people!

If anyone out there is thinking of adding Tim's Dead Ringer spirt bell to their seance/spook/spirit show, please do yourself the favour of a lifetime and pick this one up. You will be making one of the best investments in your life as a magical performer.

10 stars out of 10 on this one all the way.

Well done Tim,

Regards,
Tony Chris
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Agreed Tony,
Tim's stuff is great! If you like his bell you should really try his telegraph...absolutely amazing!
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hey Chad,

I have no doubt in my mind of that brother. I just saw the telegraph video clip. I can easily think up about half a dozen routines with that one too.

Tim is one narley dude when it comes to creating all his aged wonders of magick. I am definitely a fan of his. I can't wait to see what he unravels next to the bizarre community.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
It looks great.I want to order one now! Amazzing what you could do with it.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
As a treat to myself this year for my birthday, I placed an order for one of these beauties and can't wait to get it. This is my first purchase of one of Tim's creations and just love the look of it. Since I have paid off my vehicle and now only have a house payment, it certainly won't be the last. Certainly looking forward to it hitting my door step!

AT
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Sweet! Now you can take your former car payment and buy a new toy every month! Maybe not the best financial advice - but it would be fun!
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
HAHA yeah Chad.......just adds a lot of extra dough. Like I don't spend enough already. Good thing I already have retirement, savings, and 401K that look pretty good.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Of course, if I were in your shoes I would buy a nice toy the first month or two then put an extra payment on my house every month or pay yourself the car payment so that when you need another car it is paid in cash.

Now then, back on topic - this thing does look great, and by great, I mean so simple and plain that there is no way anyone would think something is up with it - except that it is used by spirits that is...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dead Ringer Spirit Bell (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL