The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dead Ringer Spirit Bell (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
That's exactly what I intend to do Chad..........yeah I have been looking for a good spirit bell and this looks certainly like what I am looking for. I have appreciated this place for the reviews people give and this is another example of just that.
TwentyOne
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TwentyOne
How much does shiiping to Europe costs?
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
Quote:
On 2011-10-01 11:38, TwentyOne wrote:
How much does shiiping to Europe costs?

Courtesy of some back-pay from work, I've just treated myself to one of these. It really is as good everybody says.

To answer the above question, $89 was added for UPS tracked shipping and another £33 (about $50) for import duties so the price was bumped up a fair bit.

I'm still very happy with it though. Smile
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Received mine a couple days ago and it's amazing. However, I'm wondering how I get the bell to ring the amount of times I'd like it to. When it rings, it's not really under my control because it just jiggles around and clinks against the crystal. Is there a trick to getting it under your control? How do I know when I have the sweet spot everyone is talking about and is that the solution?
magicvincent
View Profile
New user
Toronto
33 Posts

Profile of magicvincent
I just wanted to Chime in here. Although I do not have Dead Ringer, I just got one of Tim Wiseman's products which includes a Box and Spirit Bell and his attention to detail is fantastic. I was looking for something old and spooky and he hit the mark perfectly. I did not want a shiny new antique. Tim 's product looks real and exactly what I wanted. His Spirit bell does too. This product came to me in two weeks and everything works great and is 100% reliable. I am very pleased with his work! Cheers!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
"Chime in here." Ouch.

But yeah, Tim's spirit bells are some of the best. They not only look great but perform just as well.

And kudos to Hocus Pocus, which was one of the earlier shops to recognize Tim's genius.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
magicvincent
View Profile
New user
Toronto
33 Posts

Profile of magicvincent
Hello Patrick:
Even though I do not have Dead Ringer, from the videos and research I have done, when the bell is activated, you get a jiggling and clinking sound against the glass bell. That is just the way it is made. There is nothing wrong with it. As far as the sweet spot, think of the wire hanger as a clock. Start at 12:00pm. This is straight ahead. If it rings, then fine, You can try 1:00 pm, a little to the right and so on. Whenever you get the best ringing response, you have found the sweet spot. I hope this helps. Cheers!
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Hey Vincent -- I love the Spirit Bell effect/prop - is Tim's perfect? Cos I'm also checking out Hocus Pocus Dead Ringer Spirit Bell too...decisions decisions!!

Thanks - let me know.
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Vincent - Oh wait... same prop. Even so, send a description, if you don't mind? I thank you.
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
RooMan - you gave a great review of Dead Ringer Spirit Bell. I'm putting it on my Christmas list! I'm looking forward to all the possibilities, yep.

Thanks RooMan!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Blackington, one of the attractions of Tim's Dead Ringer bell is the fact that it is glass. A lot of spectators may suspect technology at work, and glass's lack of conductivity immediately puts doubt into anything high tech being afoot.
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Wizzzrd -- Aha - thanks for the note! I've seen the advertisement, and saw the glass bell! Actually the glass is one of the visually cool things about it...the old rustic/vintage appearance carries a lot of the "genuine appearance" appeal of the prop, and that's a real psychological plus factor. LOL... if it looks old it possesses a bit of haunted innocence. Both Strange and good!

OK -- I'm going to ask Santa about this one. Thanks!
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Actually Wizzrd -- I might want to play elf for myself, and not want to wait for Jolly St. Nick. LOL.
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Well, I was spending a few hours searching out Tim Wisseman's effects - nice! I'm sure that a few of them will have a place in my future. Great looking props, and animated props. It's a completely "other" genre of magic - very accessible.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5189 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Tim is partnering with Gemini Artifacts now, so you can expect to see some great things coming up for sure.
https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collections/tim-wisseman
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3255 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2012, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Received mine a couple days ago and it's amazing. However, I'm wondering how I get the bell to ring the amount of times I'd like it to. When it rings, it's not really under my control because it just jiggles around and clinks against the crystal. Is there a trick to getting it under your control? How do I know when I have the sweet spot everyone is talking about and is that the solution?

I have owned the Spirit Bell by Tim and it is great. Some people like to use it as a Q&A, but I think that takes away from the effect. I used it to ring 1 time during the performance, a while after explaining what it does - detect spirit presence-. The effect is unsettling if done properly. Just let it ding once and look toward it with a concerned look on your face and then look back at the audience. Works great with Whitestar type seance.

If interested, and if you have the Whitestar routine and the bell, e-mail me at harold.harbin@yahoo.com and I will explain my routine for it.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
I appreciate your input -> Thanks to both WizOz + weepinwil. Glad to read that Tim Wisseman will be available through Gemini Artifacts (I bookmarked Gemini on my laptop yesterday). Gemini looks great, and I'll look forward to going back when Tim is restocked.

Weepin, I agree with your approach - the bell should be used sparsely, like the spirits would !!

Thanks.
magicvincent
View Profile
New user
Toronto
33 Posts

Profile of magicvincent
Yes. I do not ring my bell much. Just once or twice. To get the audience to participate, have them say something or ask a question and get the bell to answer. Pause, let the silence allow the audience to concentrate, then they will be surprised! Also, Is Tim's perfect? Here is my opinion of Tim's work. It is the best you will ever find. I have a couple of Bells and his is the best reliably, visually and for quality. Remember, presentational skills and Storytelling will get the most out of this. Cheers!
Delimbeau
View Profile
Elite user
May the magic be with you
466 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
magicvincent
View Profile
New user
Toronto
33 Posts

Profile of magicvincent
That's a great video! I am so impressed with Tim's work I am buying some other things made by him. He also makes a great remote color cube effect too! Great for the Mentalist! Cheers!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dead Ringer Spirit Bell (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL