The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1782 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys,

The Riot thread has sort of been taken over by talk of Angelo's Humbug. So I felt that if the interest was there, I would start a thread for it.

Just a few notes on Humbug,

I have used Angelo's Humbug now for over a year and a half and have gone through about 5 gimmicks just because I use it that much. It's still one of the most clever and visual deck vanishes and card rises I think I've ever seen. At first, when I saw it I thought it was the same Paul Harris inventions that we know and love but realised the methoding of this particual gimmick was not only entirely different but may possibly be one of the cleverest close up card gimmicks I had ever come across (and I have alot).
The effects in the booklet are wicked. Being able to place 2 decks into one box and penerate the top of the box with your deck is just class. The deck vanish will still play with your head even after your well aquinted with it and I still find myself standing infront of the mirror, giggling away and the beauty of the trick.

This is a definate pick up and I must say, I haven't met any magician yet who owns this that doesn't use it in there act or use it on a regular basis. I've seen it fly of the shelves at Magic Cave and I still have not got my head around why this isn't a more focused upon effect in the magic comunity.

Anything from Angelo Carbone is always top notch and you know the methods will be devilishly clever.

Another excillent effect and a must have from mr Angelo Carbone!

Best Wishes,

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2288 Posts

Profile of Logan
Appreciate the review JamieD, will seriously consider this!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Where can we look/read about at this item?
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Send Angelo an email/pm. . I believe you can buy it through him
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1782 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Heya Kam,

Angelo doesn'thave it up on any sites yet, however, if you contact either Nagelo directly or MagicCave.co.uk I'm sure either will help you out,

JamieD
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Cheers guys!!
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
You can now read more info about Humbug and make a purchase here: http://www.abracadabra.co.uk/

Angelo Smile
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Hey Angelo do you plan on making a video of humbug. I seen you have youtube but couldn't find humbug. Thanks
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Humbug is brilliant. To the best of my knowledge, Angelo has created a new principle that is devilishly deceptive.

Peer
Alternative Magic
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Krazyjay: Sorry at the moment I don't intend to make a video performance of it. Too many magicians out there on 'certain forums' just view magic trailers in order to figure them out and expose them. Sorry.

Thanks Peter for your kind words. I actually came up with this in 1994 as stated in the instruction booklet. Never really advertised it - big mistake! Smile Yes I think it is a new principle. Well I have not seen it in any other trick. An optical illusion principle.

Best wishes,

Angelo
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
How bout stills then? showing various stages..
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1782 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I think this one speaks for itself to be honest. I don't think video's or still's are needed. It's literally there one second and gone the next. You see a full deck, then, in a split second the whole deck vanishes all but one card, there card! It's a supurb trick. By far one of my favourate card effects. The principle I had never seen before but I'm glad Angelo discovered it!

JamieD
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Angelo,
I respect your answer. It suck that the Internet has come to that. I think you work is brilliant. Jeremy
Martin Breese
View Profile
New user
Brighton, England
5 Posts

Profile of Martin Breese
Hi Guys: I saw the effect demmed by Angelo at Eastbourne and couldn't believe my eyes. Managed to persuade Angelo to let me sell it and bought 15. I put out one of my special over-wordy emails to my mailing list and all of yesterday the orders poured in with such flattering remarks as, "If you think it is good, Martin then I will have it as you have never let me down." I had over 50 orders in yesterday and had to contact Angelo for at least one hundred more Humbugs. It was good to read this thread and to see that others who have been using the effect think it is as good as I have been saying. If anyone has problems getting it I should have back up stock and it can be ordered direct from me by email (my email address is mbreese999@aol.com) or by cheque or credit card payment it can be ordered from my website which is http://www.abracadabra.co.uk. If you want to pay by PayPal the cost is £17.00 post free UK, £17.50 post free Europe and £18 post free for anywhere else in the world. Sorry to be replying with what sounds like a dealer ad but as many people haven't seen my original email newsletter it will save hundreds of emails backwards and forwards re costs etc. All PayPal payments should be sent to mbreese999@aol.com. In my email I made it very clear that I think that Angelo is incredibly clever and one of the most creative magical thinkers around. If he applied his amazing lateral thinking to stage illusions as well he would be able to create some other fantastic stuff other than his great close up material. All the best, Martin Breese
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Good Day Mr. Breese,

welcome to the Café.
It is an honour to have you here.

I agree that Angelo is a great thinker and I will order Humbug next week from you.

All the best,

Silvio
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Thank you for the compliments guys! Smile

Don't forget, you can PM me if you need more info or have questions.

Angelo
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Just a quick note to say that Humbug was a huge success for me at International Magic Weekend. I had sold out. Two magicians had told me it was the trick of the convention. Very proud of Humbug. Smile If you are interested in the effect, PM me.

Angelo
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
245 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
Angelo's 'Out of Order' which has been around for years is still one of my favourite tricks (I'm going to need a fresh copy soon, mine is so worn) so I'm willing to take a punt with Humbug. My order is in.
Tom Lauten
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of Tom Lauten
You know...I had my doubts about this but ordered one anyway...I opened it and though "Oh...right...that's ok, I guess..." Then I REALLY looked at it and looked at it again in the mirror and I must say I was seriously impressed by its simplicity and effectiveness!! This is really cool actually!

You will need to be a bit bold in an aspect or two of the trick (overall) but the gimmick and the concept is too good not to try and use...even for an abject coward like me! The gimmick is clever and very visually effective, I too keep watching it in the mirror. At the same time the gimmick is also extraordinarily simple and compact, no "wearing parts" as it were, unless you are seriously ham-fisted.

One second the spectator sees a deck of cards in the performers hand and within a split second they are are looking at (front and back mind you) a SINGLE card. That's pretty impressive stuff. Play it right and add a tiny bit of misdirection and you will have the makings of a minor miracle with a hint of "sucker punch" just for laughs. Do this in a tee shirt and REALLY freak them out! Sweet.
Living at and loving Loch Ness!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Hi Tom!

Thanks for your post.

I think it is quite common for someone to see the gimmick for the first time upon opening the instructions and think "Is this it?" or "It won't fool anyone". However, believe me it DOES fool very well.

I had Terry Herbert come to me at International Day saying he ordered one and had the same initial doubts, but then he said he tried it on his wife and it completely fooled her badly and he said she is not easily fooled. She convinced him that it is more powerful than one initially thinks.

I think so far after my Out of Order trick, this is the next most successful card trick I have.

I have said it earlier. I am so PROUD of Humbug! Smile

Angelo

PS A tip for all owners, please make sure you hold the gimmick correctly in your hand. It should not be held too deep in your hand but almost at the very edge of your tips of your fingertips - high up in the palm up hand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL