The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 23:11, Nico Zottos wrote:
there really aren't any angle issues.

I'm a BIG fan of Mr. Carbone AND Humbug (not to mention the full list of his creative genius), but to say that Humbug is without angle issues is a bit misleading. Nonetheless, I highly recommend it. You'll fool the heck out of yourself in front of the mirror and draw gasps from your audience, as well.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1782 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The angle issues are not however as you may think. Most of the time when we talk about angles we think that the method may be seen from another agnle. The trick can be performered surrounded (although would be odd cos they cant see the face of the deck) The angles that are invilved are covered SO well by Angelo.

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Regarding angles, just to clarify, the effect is best seen from the front which is the case for most magic nowadays. Seeing the END of the deck and not just the top card is what sells the illusion that you hold a deck. The sides of the gimmick are reasonably well covered by the natural dealing deck grip of the gimmick. If you have a GROUP of people in front of you when you perform Humbug, you will not have any problems.

Finally, when ever I perform Humbug I only ever give the audience enough time to register I have a deck in my hands before it vanishes. This is achieved by my handling and presentation. The gimmick is not meant to be burned out non stop. Having said that, the illusion is still convincing even if you are staring at the gimmick for a while. Does that make sense? Smile

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Update on what magicians are saying. Added Nathan's comment. Smile

Rocco:
"I don't buy card tricks, but this I want. This shocked me! I'm doing it on TV."

Andy Nyman:
"Humbug looks like real magic and it's easy to do. It is sooooo clever."

Martin Breese:
"Humbug is one of the most miraculous effects I have seen in years."

Will Houstoun:
"I have never seen such a clean, visual and easy vanish of a deck of cards before. Get it. You won't regret it."

Nathan Kranzo:
"Humbug is badass. I brought it to a family event to test it. I blew on the cards and they vanished. They all went nuts. Its a keeper. Angelo congrats on another classic. I hate you."
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I would like to purchase this but I can't find it from any US dealers. Not that I have a problem with buying from the UK but with the exchange rate and shipping it's coming up to about $40. Anyone have any suggestions?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Hi Mario,

Sadly it is not currently available from anywhere in the USA. Some UK dealers and myself sell it. PM me if you would like more info about ordering.

Angelo.
Wonder
View Profile
New user
North Wales, United Kingdom.
44 Posts

Profile of Wonder
Hi,

Mr A.M.Carbone,

I'm picking up HumBug this week, will the gimmick last for sometime or can you buy re-fills?
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Hello Wonder,

Sorry for replying too late and its probably late anyway as you may or may not have it but to answer your question yes it should last you a long time. No refills needed.

Best wishes,

Angelo
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
David Regal reviewed this in Reel Magic ( Kenner issue ) and said "Angelo is a freaking genius"

Is it available in the U.S. now?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

At the moment no.. sorry it is not but hope to get it there soon.

Angelo
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

There is now a video of Humbug on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEFWGoik7bc
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1975 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Can anyone state how this differs from paul Harris' deck vanish? What does humbug all you that Pauls doesn't?

Thanks
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Humbug can also be used for a visual rise to the top of the back rather than just a deck vanish. There's a lot of applications with Humbug.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Who sells this?
~Joe
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3010 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's available for 15 British pounds at martinbreese.com Scroll through the alphabetical listing under the "Tricks" section until you get to Humbug.

Here's Breese's description of the effect:

"I often rave about my own products and that is understandable because I have worked on them and seen them through all the various stages of development. But from time to time I rave about tricks from other dealers that I have seen and which have impressed me. And here is one that had a massive impact on me.

I took off to the IBM Convention at Eastbourne a few weeks ago and met up again with Angelo Carbone who had a stall there. I have the opinion that Angelo Carbone is a genius. He has invented some of the most brilliant effects that I have ever seen. Anyway ... I had a brief chat with Angelo and I asked him to perform an effect that he had displayed on his stand. It was called Humbug. He showed me a deck of Bicycle cards and asked me to take a card. I did so. He turned his back on me and asked me to study the card and make sure that I could remember it. He turned to face me again and asked me to push the selected card into the deck. I did so and suddenly to my total amazement the entire deck just seemed to dissolve and vanish.

In his hands was my selected card. I just couldn't believe my eyes. The entire deck that was clearly in front of me just vanished.

The first thing that I did was to hand him £15 and I bought the effect.

I took it home and worked on it for a couple of hours and showed it to some close friends. They couldn't believe what was happening. I was making a complete pack of cards vanish in front of their eyes.

I rarely buy tricks from other people. I just had to have this one. I wrote to Angelo and pleaded with him to let me have a supply of this amazing creation. I ordered some and they have arrived and I think that I can safely say that it is one of the most miraculous effects I have seen in years.

The full deck of cards just seems to dissolve and vanish in front of the spectator's eyes. It is £15 plus postage and I have bought 15 and I anticipate that I will need to buy 100. Trust me on this one it is a miracle. Angelo Carbone is probably the most creative and imaginative magical creator I have ever met. I am in awe of his magical talents.

Get this trick and I can assure you that it will be the best £15 you have ever spent."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17290 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 19:34, JamieD wrote:
Sahunhong, it is entirely different. Angelo's relies on an amazingly deceptive opticle illusion.
Jamie

As do a lot of Tenyo items...looks awesome...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Humbug looks great.. It's one of those things that fools your own eyes when you try it out in the mirror.. The demo on Youtube doesn't do it complete justice but gives you the idea..

M
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
As far as the youtube demo: Is that what I have to do in performance?

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
No there are many other handlings that you can use.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
913 Posts

Profile of andykean
I bought this from a Café member its very clever.
One of those things that does not look great when you open the package, ah but then its found to be a real worker.
great for walkaround!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL