The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Travelling deck uses a different method to Humbug fo' sho'!!

Ben
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
520 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Thinking about buying this. Anybody consider just carrying the gimmick, equ'ng to the desired suit, asking spec to name number between 1-10, and hoping it hits? Even if it's off, you still have a pretty cool deck vanish. Curious to know what everyone thinks.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Thanks Ben.

Which in your opinion is better?
friedpalm
View Profile
New user
Santa Monica Ca
36 Posts

Profile of friedpalm
Wow! Can't belive I hadn't heard more about Humbug! Read the review in Genii got my today and have been blowing minds all day!! This is great!
Thanks
Angelo
Synatics
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Synatics
Firstly, do you have to put your hands behind your back or could I 'ditch' another way?

Secondly, is this really worth buying

& Finally, how gimmicked is the card? Is it 100% un-examineable?

Thanks Smile

Literally hovering over the buy now button Smile
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I think if you were pretty skilled then you could get away with ditching some other way. However, I am not super skilled at sleights so putting it behind my back is that way I get things done. The card is gimmicked, and no you couldn't hand it out. Not without switching it at least. However, that being said you can easily show the card instantly and have it look completely normal. Meaning you can show it front and back without fear of exposing anything. Also there is nothing to steal away, so you can instantly show your hands empty and show the card freely.

I think it's worth getting. Just remember not to be fooled when you first see the gimmick. I think most people's reactions were.. "this isn't going to fool anyone".. but go and do it in front of a mirror and you will see how wrong you were. Smile
Synatics
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Synatics
Right okay, thanks for the quick reply. I don't suppose you know anything about the travelling deck? That and humbug look terribly similar.. I'd like some views on which is better etc..

Also if anyone is kind enough, is there any chance of a PM with the details of humbug or travelling deck. I'd like to know more about the gimmicks. I'm relatively sure I've worked it out but hey, I'd like to be certain.

Thanks guys.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
The difference between Humbug and Travelling deck. Humbug - no flaps, deck held in portrait dealing grip position, does not have to be set up in advance and thus be your opening trick, can be vanished one handed, can be gradually vanished and get thinner and thinner. Travelling Deck - has a f***, must be held lengthwise in hand, needs two hands to vanish, can only vanish all cards all at once. Both gimicks are completely different from one another.

Thanks for the nice comments. Humbug really does get strong reactions. You can have the gimmick in your deck the whole time and perform any other card tricks you want. When you are ready to perform Humbug or close with Humbug you are always ready to go. After the vanish you are left with an ultra clean looking card which can be shown both sides, tossed in the air or to the table. Very thin gimmick. You can shuffle the deck or have a spectator shuffle the deck and the gimmick will not be discovered. This I believe can not be done with the Travelling Deck gimmick as it is 'set' and thus the deck cannot be shuffled by spectator.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I got Humbug about two weeks ago and already performed it alot. Very easy to perform and get's great reactions! That's the type of magic we are all looking for, so go ahead and buy it!

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is another idea, that you can do with Humbug:

http://vimeo.com/31893532

dj
ahzhe
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of ahzhe
Nice, but I bet it will not look that good if the camera quality is higher and the light is brighter
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
Angelo,
I recently purchased Humbug and love it. I have been doing magic for over 40 years and try things out on my wife (of 40 years) to get her reaction. When the effect was done, her eyes got really big, she smiled and said,"That was AWESOME!" High complimenets from her. I am having lots of fun performing this.

In response to ahzhe -I have performed this in various light conditions and have not been challenged/caught. As far as your spectators know, you are just doing another card effect. If you act suspicious, you will draw attention where you don't want it.
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
I think this effect really is based on psychology and what people expect to see. I watchd the demo over and over again and did not have a clue. When I learned about the gimmick and watched again I immediately saw it and couldn't understand why I was so fooled by it.

This is what great magic is all about. Humbug really is something special!

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of dj
I had been in contact with Angelo.
Angelo´s Humbug Gimmick and my Gimmick (see Video: http://vimeo.com/31893532 ) are different.

dj
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Great to hear Keng.

You are correct Stefan. Looking at the gimmick (as with some gimmicks) you think it may not do the job, but it does. The audience are conditioned to seeing a deck in play because of the other tricks performed prior to the Humbug trick.

DJ, the deck rise looks great. Yes you have made a small modification to the original gimmick. Looks good!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Humbug is reviewed in the current Genii magazine.

David Regal says...

"This looks incredible, too clean and visual for words."
"...you get an effect that truely delivers..."
"...this is a trick that amazes people."

Thanks David!
stevenb123
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of stevenb123
It's a great illusion and a diabolical principal. One complaint... my gimmick is getting worn out too quickly and for the price, does seem like one should get both a red and blue. Ah well. Angelo-- any chance of refills being offered at a lower rate?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2011-11-10 06:20, dj wrote:
Here is another idea, that you can do with Humbug:

http://vimeo.com/31893532

dj

You an do that? That is MUCH better than the vanishing deck version. WOW!

dj, thanks for sharing your beautiful routine.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of dj
Thanks!
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1376 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-03-05 12:31, stevenb123 wrote:
It's a great illusion and a diabolical principal. One complaint... my gimmick is getting worn out too quickly and for the price, does seem like one should get both a red and blue. Ah well. Angelo-- any chance of refills being offered at a lower rate?

Yes anyone wanting a replacement gimmick only PM me direct.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Humbug by Angelo Carbone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL