The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica error? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpringBizkit
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of SpringBizkit
Hey guys,
I was just wondering but I THINK there might be an error in one of the tricks in mnemonica..
it's called telescopic coincidence. page 228.
would anyone here be able to try out the trick (those with the book) and see if it works for you guys?
apparently there's a card you glimpse at to identify someone else's selection, and then you divine it. But in the text he accidentally puts the card you glimpse at, and there's actually no possible way to divine that person's card, as it's an unstacked portion of the deck.

Try it out, it just doesn't work out. which actually takes out a portion of the trick. (the divination part.)
Or, I'm an idiot. but I've run through it a couple times and stuck.
Thanks in advance!
Sagar.
Michael G
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Michael G
Howdy,

I just had a run through the description and I think I know what's happening. The first card selected, via a peek, you never know the identity of. You learn the LOCATION, not identity of this card in the unstacked portion by glimpsing a card in the stacked portion. You only fake knowing the identity of the card after the coincidence part of the effect via the bluff mentioned at the top page 230.

Hope this helps.
SpringBizkit
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of SpringBizkit
I got it Smile
I think it was a typo in the selected card named or the error in spectators lol.
oh well, all good!
thanks
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
You are correct this is confusing. It's because the card the 2nd spectator hypothetically selects in Juan's example is the same card he shows in the picture which keys the location of the 1rst specatator's card. That is confusing. The glimpse tells you the position of the first card. When you look through the cards after the second spectator's actions you will know which one is out of order and that will tell you it's identity. You then cut it to a place where it will match the location of card one. Then start the reveals.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Mnemonica error? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL