The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Angel's early exit offends magician (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
http://www.lvrj.com/news/34137784.html

Early in Keith Barry's hypnomagician show Wednesday at Planet Hollywood Resort, Criss Angel, Holly Madison and three members of their entourage stood up in the seventh row and began leaving.

Barry, the newcomer from Ireland, stopped the show and said, "I'd like to give a shout out to Criss Angel, who is in the house, in fact he's just leaving."Angel turned around and a bit sheepishly said something like, "Good show, man."

Angel's party, including his two bodyguards, had barely left the showroom when text messages began flying with breathless news that Angel had snubbed Barry.

I gave all parties the opportunity to address the matter on Friday.

Angel's spokesman, Steve Flynn, said Madison "started feeling bad almost as soon as they sat down. Criss didn't want to get up right then and be rude.

"Twenty minutes later, she was worse for wear. She was resting her head on Criss' shoulder. Criss was concerned it would look like she appeared bored."

The decision was made to leave, Flynn said "No disrespect was intended by any stretch of the imagination. She was not feeling well."

End of story, right?

"Regardless," said Barry's manager, Eamonn Maguire, "it looked bad."

"Twenty five minutes into the show he got up and left. That never looks good," he said.

Fast forward to Thursday night. Angel, Madison and Barry were walking the red carpet, within speaking distance, at the world premiere of Paris Hilton's 'Repo! The Genetic Opera."

There was no acknowledgement, no apology. "They were 10 feet from each other," said Maguire.

I e-mailed Maguire back, asking if he was suggesting Barry deserved an apology.

"I am sure it never crossed (Angel's) mind," responded Maguire, "and maybe best left that way. As my father always says, 'manners maketh the man.' "

Barry, reached after the other interviews, said, "It is what it is. On a personal note, I've never walked out of somebody's show, good, bad or indifferent. I was surprised."

"I did hear Holly wasn't feeling good. But I thought it would have been nice had he had come over to me.

"But Vegas is a small town," said Barry. " I'm sure our paths will cross again.
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why are you SO set on putting gossip out there for people? Why do you want to fan flames?

Why did Criss leave? Did he get up and say SHOW SUCKS? Maybe something came up. Why are you so despirate to attatch some nefarious plot to EVERYTHING Criss does? Is it possible he did not enjoy the show and did not want to make a big deal of it?

Really man this idiotic crusade agaist Criss and every breath he takes is gone way too far. Why not just let him destroy himself? He probably will! But the team here who constantly tries to point out every little thing are starting (yea starting) to look worse than Criss himself does. Add to that the pleasure you take in the downfall of another and you have a pretty clear picture of what is going on.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magicbarry
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
276 Posts

Profile of Magicbarry
I think we all just lost a lot of respect for Angel.

Not because of the perceived snub ... but what the heck was he doing at a Paris Hilton film?

Come on, Criss.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 10:19, Dannydoyle wrote:
Why are you SO set on putting gossip out there for people? Why do you want to fan flames?

Why did Criss leave? Did he get up and say SHOW SUCKS? Maybe something came up. Why are you so despirate to attatch some nefarious plot to EVERYTHING Criss does? Is it possible he did not enjoy the show and did not want to make a big deal of it?

Really man this idiotic crusade agaist Criss and every breath he takes is gone way too far. Why not just let him destroy himself? He probably will! But the team here who constantly tries to point out every little thing are starting (yea starting) to look worse than Criss himself does. Add to that the pleasure you take in the downfall of another and you have a pretty clear picture of what is going on.

Don't play dumb Danny ... We know you are smarter than that! Smile

This is exactly the behavior CA has exhibited the majority of his Vegas career.

Threatening Violence, Making a Scene, Bimbo of the week, Snubbing other magicians and mentalists.

You know it, I know it, and so does everyone else Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
By most accounts Angel is a major tool. But he seems to have done the gentlemanly thing in this case. His date was feeling ill so he honored her desire to leave. Unfortunately, as a well-known celebrity, with a Playmate girlfriend and bodyguards, it's difficult for him to make a discreet exit.

He probably should have contacted Keith Barry privately and explained the situation. Maybe he did. It's none of our business. Not that it being none of our business will stop some from mouthing-off about it.

Randwill
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The point is Dave WHO CARES HOW HE ACTS?

You guys act like a bunch of old ladies in a knitting class.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 14:43, Dannydoyle wrote:
The point is Dave WHO CARES HOW HE ACTS?

You guys act like a bunch of old ladies in a knitting class.

What a Travesty...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I do understand in your circle that may actually pass for wit, but again you may as well be old ladies in a knitting class.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Nope! CA has not apologized. True to his usual form.

My VooDoo curse is still working well Smile

Would it pass the JREF MDC if Criss continues to go down in flames as I've Predicted? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No, because he was this same person when YOU WERE DEFENDING HIM! He is no different!

He is simply going down the same road he has since the beginning, it is just that when he did 2 spacific things which got under your skin that your eyes decided to open and see it for what it is.

You and your little crusade have litte if any affect at all on things, with the exception of making yourself feel better because someone else fails.

You better hope that there is no truth to Karma.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Let’s see, Mr. Angel leaves a show early, and the problem with that is? There is no problem! Sitting in an audience is no implicit contract that you must stay to the end. Oh…he was with some other folks and they left too! Again the problem is? Who cares? Whoops…some of you guys do! Sorry!

Is it rude to leave a show in the middle? Nope, not at all! People do it all the time at all kinds of shows. In fact several got up and walked out of the Angel show recently.

A possible problem for me here is not that someone left the auditorium (whoever that someone is) for whatever reason but that the performer actually took the time to stop the flow of his performance to make note of it.

How many other people (of no celebrity) had to leave during the show? How many had a call of nature or simply had to leave for some good reason? Did the performer interrupt the flow of his show to call them out? I suspect not.

What if the performer was just doing a call-out just to show the audience that a “celebrity” was in the audience?

Was it rude to do a call-out saying "I'd like to give a shout out to Criss Angel, who is in the house, in fact he's just leaving." What if Criss was just slipping out for a call of nature?

Who deserves an apology here? No one! There was no insult either way.

Riley this is not so much a “Travesty” as it is a “Tempest”. Would this discussion be ongoing if the celebrity had been, say, Hulk Hogan?
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Thank you Harry.You make the point perfectly.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I love you Criss Angel defenders. Smile
Even when he is a piece of crap you find a way to agree with him Smile
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Dannydoyle, you are an old lady in a knitting class, continuosly complaining about old ladies in a knitting class.

And now I am too.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Well...let's see, This name of this forum is 'Magic names and the media'. So, I guess this is a topic for this forum.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
While I wish that another performer was the biggest name in magic, currently it's Criss Angel. While some of his public behaviour leaves much to be desired and his ethics with regard to 'TV Magic' are less than honest, nobody can deny that the guy can get it done. He came from nothing to a highly successful cable show. He's created a branded image to sell all manner of merchandise. He's headlining, for now, a multi-million dollar Las Vegas show. Maybe the show flops. Maybe he's a cad. But he set some goals and he met them.

I'm sure we've all known people in our lives who set a goal for themselves. They may have even taken the first step. But when called upon to take the next more difficult steps they floundered. They whined that it was too hard and blamed others for not being able to move forward.

Criss Angel may fail in the end but for now, he's at the top. When you're at the top, there are always plenty of small, resentful people at the bottom who want to pull you down. They are so small, in fact, that Angel doesn't even know they're alive.

Randwill
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
This is magic names and the media people...

If you saw a link that said "Brittney Spears and the media", what would you expect?
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Criss Angel at the top? When did that happen? What happened to David Copperfield and David Blaine? (Saying he is the top name is like saying Rocco DiSpirito is the top cook/chief because he has a show on A&E. Going by this logic, Hulk Hogan is Father of the Year because he has a show on VH1.)

As for walking out of the show, it served Criss Angel very well and got him what he seeks, media coverage. Barry was able to take advantage of it as well.

Tony
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
He's the Flavor of the Day.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2008-11-09 08:30, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Criss Angel at the top? When did that happen? What happened to David Copperfield and David Blaine? (Saying he is the top name is like saying Rocco DiSpirito is the top cook/chief because he has a show on A&E. Going by this logic, Hulk Hogan is Father of the Year because he has a show on VH1.)

As for walking out of the show, it served Criss Angel very well and got him what he seeks, media coverage. Barry was able to take advantage of it as well.

Tony

Okay, Angel is one of the top names in magic. He's better known than Keith Barry, so you're probably right that Barry may have benefited from the story. If anybody paid any attention to it.

Randwill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Angel's early exit offends magician (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL