The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ghost Ink by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Title: Ghost ink
Dealer: http://www.shockmagic.com
Run time: 55mim
cost: $20 with free us and canada shipping

Blurb:

Presenting an incredible way to perform visual magic with writing and tattoos that appear and vanish on your skin.

Start and end totally clean. Begin with everything you need in your wallet or deck of cards.

+Gypsy Curse - A tattoo of a chosen card appears before your audience’s eyes.
+Secret Seal - Make a copy of a seal from a borrowed bill on your palm.
+Revelation - A totally freely selected word appears on your arm.
+Infection - A contagious card gives you spots.
+Tattoo of Fire - Burn a tattoo into your skin.
+Ace - A flashy tattoo appearance.
+Barcode - A product barcode jumps to your skin.
+Heart Effect - Move a tattoo on your arm to a card.
+Human Silly Putty - Transfer an image to your skin.
+iTattoo - The icons on an iPhone vanish and reappear on your body.
+Syntax - A thought of word appears on your arm.
+Self Promotion - Make a copy of your business card on your skin.

Thoughts:
I will start this off by stating outright that I am a huge tattoo fan. I have them all over and I am really into the tattoo sceen. With that being said it should be an obvious first thought for you all that I have bought EVERY tattoo effect on the market as the style of effect has a great appeal to me.

All of the effects on the market are workable and have pros and cons and I have used all of them depending on the situation. Tattoo joe will be the first to spring to mind for a lot of you out there as it is a fairly newelease also but incomparrison to Ghost ink, Andrew wins face down. Now let me clarify that Tattoo joe is a great effect and method which I will use again but ghost ink is just so practical and so customisable that I really cant find any cons for it what so ever. The method is simple but genius and the "real work" as Andrew calls it makes all the effects a joy to perform. Everything is taught in a crystal clear fashion so there should be no problems on that front.

The basic effect is the same but the presentations offer enough veriaty to suit most performers and a few that stand out are barcode where the barcode jumps from a select item on to your arm, heart effect where a tattoo on your are fixes a mistake in your card trick and infection where a contagious card infects your deck then yourself

All in all I would say this is the do all and end all of tattoo style effects. With a super easy method and stunning impact I would recommend this to any one.

Alan

Sorry for any typos. I will fix them when I'm home.. Posting form the lg viewty is hard lol
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I would like to inquire if Ghost Ink can be done like Tattoo Joe where you show your bare hands before making the tattoo appear and disappear. From the demo video, it shows making a tattoo appear and disappear using cover from a card or another object. Can the effect be done using bare hands like Tattoo Joe?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ive been toying with it for a few days now and with a little work I can safly say yes you can. I also have a small routine where you can make it appear on your spectator and then remove it. This is not ont he dvd but I'm sure you will understand if you get it

It has sparked a creative spirt in me to say the least.

Alan
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Is this a trick that requires you to by refills Alan? Does it come with gimmicks or is it just a DVD?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
You just a get a dvd. The other thing you need is VERY available. I bought some at my local newsagents. So you will need refills but there everywhere and cheap. Last a good while too
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Hey Alan:

Can the tattoo be examined to any degree? Thanks.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Order from Andrew Mayne. Free shipping to US and Canada!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
I really like the effect. There is so much possibility that is only limit by your imagination. Ghost ink will fit perfectly at the end of a routine that I'm working on. It is so simple and easy. Really worth the little 20$ investement.

Johnny
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 12:38, smacks183 wrote:
Hey Alan:

No, unfortunately it can't.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
From the demo, I'm uncomfortable with the something behind the name card... cuz you can clearly see that there's something goin'on..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 14:37, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Quote:
Hey Alan:

Not an issue, with proper management, routining and thought. The tattoo is there and then it is gone... or you simply move on. This is a very nice effect.
Tony Chapparo
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-11-13 12:47, Tony Chapparo wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Alan:

Not an issue, with proper management, routining and thought. The tattoo is there and then it is gone... or you simply move on. This is a very nice effect.

True but it would be nice to make a tattoo appear that is on your arm permanently.
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2008-11-13 13:05, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-13 12:47, Tony Chapparo wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Alan:

True but it would be nice to make a tattoo appear that is on your arm permanently.

You can - go to a tattoo parlor, only takes a hour and you have a permanent tattoo on your arm Smile
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Maybe it is just me but I won't make the tattoo disapear at the end. I would simply move on to something else. I think that it will more convince the audience that permanent marker is really on your skin.

Just my thought

Johnny
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Ghost Ink is a great idea and I will use it but I have been experimenting with Tattoos for quite a while and my goal is to make (temporary) one appear on your arm which the spectator can indeed touch and it doesn't come off...until you apply water and soap of course,
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Well, you can always have a "temporary" tattoo underneath the gimmick tattoo. Then just leave behind the permanent for them to see. For example,

Think of it as a color changing card on your arm.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-11-14 02:24, DVLKCC wrote:
Well, you can always have a "temporary" tattoo underneath the gimmick tattoo. Then just leave behind the permanent for them to see. For example,

Think of it as a color changing card on your arm.

But how do you hide the temporary tattoo? Am I missing something?
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

I must have wrote that late night.

What I meant was :

Force 6 of diamonds.

On your arm you have a real tattoo of let's say the 6 of diamonds.

On top of the real tattoo you have a fake tattoo of lets say the Ace of Spades.

Point to your arm and say is your card the Ace of Spades? Ditch the temporary tattoo and you are left with their chosen card on your examinable arm. Look at your arm again, etc.

(this only works if you have a playing card tattooed on your arm obviously)
Douglas Lippert
AdrianKeller
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of AdrianKeller
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 00:03, DVLKCC wrote:

On your arm you have a real tattoo of let's say the 6 of diamonds.

On top of the real tattoo you have a fake tattoo of lets say the Ace of Spades.

impossible with ghost ink. you'd have to hide the tattoo beforehand with the temporary tattoo, which means the ghost ink tattoo has to cover the real tattoo completely. the only option with ghost ink would be that the real tattoo is smaller than the temp. tattoo. the change wouldn't look that good.

what is possible is, to change a 8 of diamonds into a 6 of diamonds. but I don't know if that change would be so impressive. they'd accuse you that you just rubbed it away somehow. just like doing a fancy color change from a 6 to 8 of the same suit. not really worth the effort on its own (but depends on the routine).
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Nothing is impossible.

Keep it magical my friend.
Douglas Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ghost Ink by Andrew Mayne (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL