The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My mom just passed. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
My mom died this morning from surgery complications. She was 60.
I never got to say goodbye.
Please pray for my family.
Thank you,

Brian
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
I am very sorry for your loss.

I can honestly say that I know what you are going through. It's been almost 30 years and I still miss her. It will be tough for a while, but know that things will get better as time goes by. Just keep your family close to you and you will all come through this together.

You can PM me anytime you feel like talking.
Dan
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Brian:

Yes, of course, you and your family are being lifted up in prayer. I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother.

Ron
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Brian, if you'll give me a snail mail address, I'll send you an article that brought me some much-needed solace during a similar situation many years ago.

In any case, please know that you and all those who loved your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love lives on.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Just this morning, I attended a memorial service with my wife for my wife's aunt.

What I walked away with was that yes, death is a painful experience for the surviving family members, but the pain is softened - somewhat - when we try to focus more on the loved ones life rather than their death.

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Lyndel
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
My deepest heartfelt sympathies to you on your loss, Brian. You and your family are in my prayers.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I don't know what I would do without friends like you all. I feel such deep sadness that I never got to say goodbye to her. I know it will hurt me for a long time. But I am surrounded by great people in my life who can help me out. Thank you for all the kind words guys. I appreciate everything and I love you guys.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
I'm so sorry for your loss Brian.
My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

James Abbott
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
Like you, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. That bothered me until I came to understand that it is not how or whether we say goodbye at the end that matters. What really matters is how we treated them before they are gone.

She knew you loved her, and that is enough.

Dan
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Brian so sorry for your loss. don't beat yourself up about not saying goodbye. It more about the times shared together and all the times spent in each others company.For me at least, goodbye seemed so final and that is something I didn't want and hope you can see that its not all about the goodbye but the fond memories.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I never got the chance to say goodbye to my mother either. That was 38 years ago, and I'm still F---ed up...

May she (and the souls of the faithfull departed, through the mercy of God,) rest in peace.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Brian,

I am so sorry for your loss. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Scott
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Call me anytime my friend.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Guys,
Thank you all for your encouragement. I found some old emails last night from my mom. We always acknowledged our love for each other in the messages back and forth. I feel so much better after reading them. She really made my world great. And she will continue to live on. Especially in my magic. I decided that I was going to quit magic for a while. But I realise that she would be hurt if I gave it up. The only reason I got into magic was because of her. She got me my 1st svengalli deck. What a wonderful woman she was. I understand in my heart that she was thinking of me and telling me I love you when she was in that hospital.
I love you mom!
Keepin' the magic alive for you!

Brian
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Sorry I'm finding this thread two days later, but my sympathies go out to you. I haven't had the unfortunate experience of losing a parent, but with the way their health is going, I'm not sure if there's a lot of time left.

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Hey Brian,

I'm sorry for your loss. I am happy for you that you found some comfort in reading your mother's emails. Hang in there, man.

Mark
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Brian,

I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. While she may be gone she'll live forever in your mind and in your heart.

Chrystal
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Brian,

Sorry to hear about your mum.I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Pete
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Brian,

So sorry to hear about your Mom. Having recently gone through the same thing, I can understand what you must be going through.

Best regards,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Thought farmer
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Thought farmer
The depth of your grief mirrors the depth of your love for your mom. There is no need to go through this all by yourself. Reach out to your trusted friends around you and on the Café because they instinctively want to be there for you at this time even if they don't have the words to express it. I have not walked in your shoes but I have walked this path. Sincerely, Thought Farmer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » My mom just passed. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL