The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Princess cup set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Frank, maybe using some type of inserts like an ATA case that could be cut to size?
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Frank,
I can understand that totally as tey are not like bags. It's a shame because I believe they would do well.
Bri
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Richard, looking closely at the leather construction of the case I can see that there are three main pieces of leather. The two ends and one big wrap-around leather. At one end of the wrap-around leather is where the two ends are sewn half way around, then the other end of the wrap-around is used for the opening and closing of the case. Correct me if I am wrong about this, because this is what I am assuming by looking at the photo. What I do not like about this construction, that I am assuming, is when the loose end of the wrap-around is being closed, it does not appear to be sturdy enough for the case itself.

I would like to see more close-up photos of the ends of the case when it is closed, and the back of the case where the leather bends. When I build my case I want to make sure the leather is stiff and strong enough to protect the cups. I am confident that Frank Starsini has way more experience than I do about leather construction, but I want to try building one myself and I want it to be a good one. And I am going to put an end to this "Black" colored case, why on earth does it have to be "Black?"

Have fun folks! Smile Smile Smile
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Hi madkiki - the case is pretty robust, especially when the cups are inside. It's good enough to carry and protect the cups. It's a lot less bulky than a lens case and certainly lighter. I wouldn't describe it as a rigid case, but it's not soft by any means. Photos are tricky because of the colour - will try and take a couple more.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
This thread has gone in a lot of different directions but I thought I would add to it that my set of Princess cups has arrived from RNT II. They got here about a week ago and look and feel great. I assume others must have receieved theirs too but I haven't see any postings indicating that.

I dug through the box looking for the COA and couldn't find it but Epiphany quickly replied to my query that they had had a printer problem and would be mailing them out seperately.

-Brian
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Quote:
On 2009-03-06 14:18, ekins wrote...

This thread has gone in a lot of different directions but I thought I would add to it that my set of Princess cups has arrived from RNT II. They got here about a week ago and look and feel great. I assume others must have receieved theirs too but I haven't see any postings indicating that.

Not yet. But good to hear they're being shipped.

Greg
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
I have been using my Princess Cups since I received them in January 2009, and am very pleased with them. I ordered them in October 2008, and apparently they had to redesign the saddle so it took a while for my order to come through, but I sure am glad that I waited.

I had not received any emails from RNT2, when asking about the delay, so I started a claim process through Paypal, just to get a response. Epiphany immediately refunded, but I insisted that there be no refund. I just wanted the cups! And was happy to wait, so long as I knew what was going on.
She did throw in a few extras (booklets) which was very nice and one of the booklets helped me work out how to build my table so I could do 6 loads + end with pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Ok the rabbit part was not in the book, but the 6 final load method was.

Click here to view attached image.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Good to hear that people are stil getting their stuff. I'm still waiting on a few items and haven't managed to get through to Jake or Epiphany by PM or e-mail.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Quote:
On 2009-07-22 12:53, Richard Evans wrote:
Good to hear that people are stil getting their stuff. I'm still waiting on a few items and haven't managed to get through to Jake or Epiphany by PM or e-mail.

Richard,
resent the email back to you again. Please PM me after you get it. I just cleared out my PM box so I know there is room here Smile

Epiphany
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Hi Epiphany - good to hear from you. I haven't got the e-mail, so will re-send the original. Message via PM to make sure I'm using the right address for you.
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Richard,
received the email and PM, thank you. I'm replying now via the Email.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Got it! - thanks Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2009-01-14 04:38, Bill Palmer wrote:
Wait until the topic turns to LEATHER!!!!!

Then I'll want a hand-stitched Gazzo c*nd*m!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I don't think you would like one. The asterisks are really painful.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Princess cup set (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL